Topics

Cygnus Loop #G11

Jennifer Shelly

An image of the Cygnus Loop shot over two nights with my ES G-11 PMC-8 and ES 127 FCD-100 with 3'' FF / O.7x FR.
Still working out the back focus with the FF/FR, but I am getting closer to the correct back focus.  Image details below.

Date(s): 07/07/2020 & 07/11/2020
Target Catalogue: IC 1340  /NGC 6979 / NGC C6960
Target Name: Cygnus Loop ~ Veil Nebula / Pickering's Triangle / Witch's Broom
Bortle Class: 7
Mount: ES G-11 PMC-8
Telescope: ES 127 FCD-100
FF/FR: ES 3" 0.7x FR/FF
Baader UFC
Filter: 2" L-enHance
Focuser: Moonlite CFL & V2 HR Stepper Motor
Camera: QHY128C
Bin: 1x1
Gain: 3,200
Offset: 80
Temp: -10C
Lights: 18 x 300s / 5 x 600s
Darks: 10 x 300s / 5 x 600s
Bias: 50 x 0.0004s
Flats: 10 x 0.208s
Dark Flats: 10 x 0.208s

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro

Jennifer:

WOWOWOW!!! Fantastic
wes.

Dan Kahraman

Jennifer:

Gorgeous photos.

Dan Kahraman

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 at 19:57, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
Jennifer:

WOWOWOW!!! Fantastic
wes.

Bill Black

Beautiful shot Jenni!

I tried this target a week or so ago, but the only thing I had with a large enough fov was my 50mm APO guide scope.
ehhh, I didn't bother to post it :)
I didn't have a flattener in the train and the coma was staggering. Maybe I'll try to work up a different approach and give it another shot.

--

Bill
Location: Dallas, GA

Mounts: EXOS II PMC-Eight, LXD75

Cameras: ZWO ASI294MCPro, ASI385

Jennifer Shelly

Bill:

I was surprised to get as much as I did with a focal length of 952 reduced to 667.
One thing I did was try to frame my FOV in Stellarium before I slewed, so maybe that is what made the difference.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro

Dan Kahraman

Jennifer no mystery here. If I had all your camera and scope specs I could confirm your results.

Dan Kahraman

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 09:33, Jennifer Shelly via groups.io <drunkendogg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill:

I was surprised to get as much as I did with a focal length of 952 reduced to 667.
One thing I did was try to frame my FOV in Stellarium before I slewed, so maybe that is what made the difference.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro

Jennifer Shelly

Dan:

I listed all of the equipment used for image acquisition at the beginning of my post.
Also when I processed the my data in PixInsight the images were plate solved and the results stated 668, so that is the reason why I said I needed to tweak the spacing between the ES 3” FF/FR.  I think I am about 1 mm too close.

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro

Dan Kahraman

Jennifer:

I didn't get a chance to analyze your data. Are you using Astrometry to determine your image scale/focal length?

Dan Kahraman

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 09:07, Jennifer Shelly via groups.io <drunkendogg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Yes.  I have used  Astrometry.net.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro

Bill Black

Hi Jennifer,
So I took your advice and modeled my optics in Stellarium. It looked like I could get a lot through my 80mm APO and decided I would give that a shot. Then Isaias rolled in and brought all of the water from the Gulf into Georgia for weeks. Finally a break last night and I was able to give it another shot. Here's what I got; had to do quite a bit of stretching in Polarr, given how bright the sky was with the waning full moon.

Mount: EXOS II with PMC 8
Scope: AT 80mm APO with 0.8 reducer/flattener
Camera: ASI294MCPro with baader moon & skyglow filter
Guider: Skywatcher EVOGuide 50mm with ASI385
Integration: 12 5-minute subs for 1 hour total exposure

--

Bill
Location: Dallas, GA
Scopes: