Topics

Cygnus Loop #G11

Jennifer Shelly

An image of the Cygnus Loop shot over two nights with my ES G-11 PMC-8 and ES 127 FCD-100 with 3'' FF / O.7x FR.
Still working out the back focus with the FF/FR, but I am getting closer to the correct back focus.  Image details below.

Date(s): 07/07/2020 & 07/11/2020
Target Catalogue: IC 1340  /NGC 6979 / NGC C6960
Target Name: Cygnus Loop ~ Veil Nebula / Pickering's Triangle / Witch's Broom
Bortle Class: 7
Mount: ES G-11 PMC-8
Telescope: ES 127 FCD-100
FF/FR: ES 3" 0.7x FR/FF
Baader UFC
Filter: 2" L-enHance
Focuser: Moonlite CFL & V2 HR Stepper Motor
Camera: QHY128C
Bin: 1x1
Gain: 3,200
Offset: 80
Temp: -10C
Lights: 18 x 300s / 5 x 600s
Darks: 10 x 300s / 5 x 600s
Bias: 50 x 0.0004s
Flats: 10 x 0.208s
Dark Flats: 10 x 0.208s

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro
Processing Software: PixInsight, Lightroom, Premiere Elements

Wes Mcdonald

Jennifer:

WOWOWOW!!! Fantastic
wes.

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Dan Kahraman

Jennifer:

Gorgeous photos.

Dan Kahraman

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 at 19:57, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
Jennifer:

WOWOWOW!!! Fantastic
wes.

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Bill Black

Beautiful shot Jenni!

I tried this target a week or so ago, but the only thing I had with a large enough fov was my 50mm APO guide scope.
ehhh, I didn't bother to post it :)
I didn't have a flattener in the train and the coma was staggering. Maybe I'll try to work up a different approach and give it another shot.

--

Bill
Scopes:
 Celestron C8, AstroTech 80mm APO

Mounts: EXOS II PMC-Eight, LXD75

Cameras: ZWO ASI294MCPro, ASI385

Jennifer Shelly

Bill:

I was surprised to get as much as I did with a focal length of 952 reduced to 667.
One thing I did was try to frame my FOV in Stellarium before I slewed, so maybe that is what made the difference.  
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD

Dan Kahraman

Jennifer no mystery here. If I had all your camera and scope specs I could confirm your results.

Dan Kahraman 

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 09:33, Jennifer Shelly via groups.io <drunkendogg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill:

I was surprised to get as much as I did with a focal length of 952 reduced to 667.
One thing I did was try to frame my FOV in Stellarium before I slewed, so maybe that is what made the difference.  
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts

Jennifer Shelly

Dan:

I listed all of the equipment used for image acquisition at the beginning of my post.
Also when I processed the my data in PixInsight the images were plate solved and the results stated 668, so that is the reason why I said I needed to tweak the spacing between the ES 3” FF/FR.  I think I am about 1 mm too close.

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts

Dan Kahraman

Jennifer:

I didn't get a chance to analyze your data. Are you using Astrometry to determine your image scale/focal length?

Dan Kahraman

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 09:07, Jennifer Shelly via groups.io <drunkendogg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dan:

I listed all of the equipment used for image acquisition at the beginning of my post.
Also when I processed the my data in PixInsight the images were plate solved and the results stated 668, so that is the reason why I said I needed to tweak the spacing between the ES 3” FF/FR.  I think I am about 1 mm too close.

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts

Jennifer Shelly

Dan:

Yes.  I have used  Astrometry.net.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts

Bill Black

Hi Jennifer,
So I took your advice and modeled my optics in Stellarium. It looked like I could get a lot through my 80mm APO and decided I would give that a shot. Then Isaias rolled in and brought all of the water from the Gulf into Georgia for weeks. Finally a break last night and I was able to give it another shot. Here's what I got; had to do quite a bit of stretching in Polarr, given how bright the sky was with the waning full moon.

Mount: EXOS II with PMC 8
Scope: AT 80mm APO with 0.8 reducer/flattener
Camera: ASI294MCPro with baader moon & skyglow filter
Guider: Skywatcher EVOGuide 50mm with ASI385 
Integration: 12 5-minute subs for 1 hour total exposure

--

Bill
Scopes:
 Celestron C8, AstroTech 80mm APO

Mounts: EXOS II PMC-Eight, LXD75

Cameras: ZWO ASI294MCPro, ASI385

Jennifer Shelly

Bill:

Very nice work.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts