Topics

#EXOS2 #PMC-Eight stops tracking after 18 seconds #EXOS2 #pmc-eight

harvey.richard2007@...

My EXOS2 #PMC-Eight stops tracking completely after 18 seconds when connected to my ASIAir Pro. Any exposure longer than 10-15 seconds will result in star trails, *even* if the Tracking button is on in the ASIAir Android app.  Did someone experience the same with this mount?

Dave Connolly

I would have thought you did not need Asiair with a pmc 8 ?

On Fri 24 Jul 2020 at 09:14, <harvey.richard2007@...> wrote:
My EXOS2 #PMC-Eight stops tracking completely after 18 seconds when connected to my ASIAir Pro. Any exposure longer than 10-15 seconds will result in star trails, *even* if the Tracking button is on in the ASIAir Android app.  Did someone experience the same with this mount?

jrichard333 <jrichard333@hotmail.com>

Good day Dave,

The ASIAIR or PRO eliminates the need to carry an external computer with you; everything is controlled from the box.

JR

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 04:14 AM, <harvey.richard2007@...> wrote:
My EXOS2 #PMC-Eight stops tracking completely after 18 seconds when connected to my ASIAir Pro. Any exposure longer than 10-15 seconds will result in star trails, *even* if the Tracking button is on in the ASIAir Android app.  Did someone experience the same with this mount?
Hi Harvey,

It sounds like the Communication Watchdog timer is stopping the mount's tracking. This is designed to kick in when a program or in your case, the ASIAIR stops sending commands to the mount. Typically ASCOM or in this case INDI clients would continuously query the mount to get real-time position data at a minimum. It sounds like this is not the case with the ASIAIR program(s).

The fix is to download the latest EXOS 2 PMC-Eight "a" version firmware (9t_17a_EXOS2) and install it on your PMC-Eight system.

I think this will correct your problem.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Omar Rahman

I had the same problem and almost sold the Asiair before I saw a post by Jerry and tried the alternate firmware. That fixed the problem and it hasn’t happened since with either the original Asiair or the Pro.

Omar
--

Scope:
ES ED102

harvey.richard2007@...

Thank you Jerry :-))) I can't seem to find that 9t_17a_EXOS2 firmware file on the PMC-8 downloads page...?

Richard

jrh at explorescientific.com

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Richard:

Use the Configuration manager to upgrade the firmware.  It knows where all the latest firmware is, brings it in, lets you select the version you want, and loads it all through an easy UI.

Wes.

Richard Harvey <harvey.richard2007@...>

Thanks Wes much appreciated. I'll try that tonight :-)

Richard

Le sam. 25 juill. 2020, à 08 h 12, Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> a écrit :
Richard:

Use the Configuration manager to upgrade the firmware.  It knows where all the latest firmware is, brings it in, lets you select the version you want, and loads it all through an easy UI.

Wes.

Richard Harvey <harvey.richard2007@...>

It worked ! The mount now does not stop tracking anymore :-)))

A thousand thank you's to you all.

Richard