From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Peter Spatz <peter.spatz@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:34:23 AM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: [ESPMC-Eight] Goto on military standard #EXOS2

Hi

Advertisment here in Germany tells Goto of PMC is on military standards. What does that mean, more accurat, reliable, more robust?

Regards

Peter

--
Mounts:       ES PMC-Eight G11 - upgraded with OPWB on both RA and DEC
                     EXOS-2 GT PMC-EIGHT

Jeff Snell

I dropped it on concrete from about three feet in the air (stupidity so don't ask :-).  I had it checked by ES and no damage/functioned perfectly after.

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod
Orion Starshoot AutoGuider/50mm Guide Scope
ASCOM POTH, CdC, APT, PHD2, QHY Polemaster

Hi Peter, the PMC8 box / control unit is build with military specification standards, so it can resist lower and higher temperatures and many other military harsh requirements. It's basically build to last. Luc

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 01:52 PM, Jeff Snell wrote:
I dropped it on concrete from about three feet in the air (stupidity so don't ask :-).  I had it checked by ES and no damage/functioned perfectly after.
I would hate to admit to how many times I have dropped my test boxes here at my home office onto a hardwood floor from several feet, LOL. Just like a Timex, "it takes a licking and keeps on ticking!"

jrh at explorescientific.com

Advertisment here in Germany tells Goto of PMC is on military standards. What does that mean, more accurat, reliable, more robust?

Regards

Peter

--
Mounts:       ES PMC-Eight G11 - upgraded with OPWB on both RA and DEC
                     EXOS-2 GT PMC-EIGHT
Scopes:       Televue NP127IS with HSM20 and focuser boss II - Questar field model 3.5 - Takahashi FC76 classic MC Starbase Tokyo edition - Takahashi FOA60Q - Zeiss telementor - Lomo Astele 150mm
Cameras:     ZWO ASI071 PRO
                     ZWO ASI 290
Misc:            Televue 0.8 X  Focal Reducer - ZWO ASIAIR-PRO
Eyepieces:  Pentax - Masuyama - Televue - Takahashi - Vixen
Software:     Starry night PRO 8  - Nebulosity - Topaz studio - Sharp cap

Peter Spatz <peter.spatz@...>

Thanks!

I like that mount more an more.

Peter