IEXOS 100, ASIAIR, SKY SAFARI #iEXOS-100

jpalmer1717@...

Has anyone had success using Sky Safari when connected to the IEXOS 100 via ASIAIR?

Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

I did a quick search for ASIAIR on the MAIN forum and found 140 messages that mentioned it.

https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN/search?q=asiair

I think you will find that several customers have had very good success using the ASIAIR with the PMC-Eight systems.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Wade Prunty

I'm very interested in this too. I use my iEXOS-100 exclusively with my ASIAIR Pro, and I would love to be able to incorporate SkySafari with it.

Thanks

Jeff Palmer <jpalmer1717@...>

No matter what mount settings I try, I cannot connect to SkySafari using the ASIAIR Pro (like I do with any other mount to date). Wade- have you had any luck using something other than SkySafari? Do you rely solely on ASIAIR for goto?

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020, 2:30 PM Wade Prunty <wadeprunty@...> wrote:
I'm very interested in this too. I use my iEXOS-100 exclusively with my ASIAIR Pro, and I would love to be able to incorporate SkySafari with it.

Thanks

Chris Welliver <chriswelliver@...>

Hi,
I’ve been trying to connect my Asiair pro to my
EXOS2 Mount and I understand that I have to
Reprogram my RS 232 serial to usb cable.I h followed the guide that I found in the forum but nothing is jelling. Just to check, what brand of cable are y’all using for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Chris Welliver
EXOS2 mount

Wade Prunty

At this time I’m only using the ASIAIR Pro for GOTO, but I will say this, it does an amazing job aligning (plate solving) if you’re using a ZWO camera or supported DSLR. The issue is that the ASIAIR GOTO database is not very extensive. As an example, I was recently shooting the Veil Nebula with my SpaceCat, which is 250mm, and ASI1600mm Pro with a 4/3 camera sensor. The combination of those two gave me a field of view just large enough to get both eastern and western Veils in frame. The only issue is there isn’t anything in the ASIAIR GOTO database to use to center them. There is a new function that lets you manually frame your target and then sync to it, but after the meridian flip the framing always seems to be a little off. It’s close, but not perfect. I think it will get better in a future version. And that’s why I’d like to use SkySafari for now, it has a much more extensive database to choose from.

Vijay

Hi Wade,

Do you use ASIAIR with iExos for sidereal tracking?

I am having the same setup like yours, iExos with ASI AIR pro.
Goto works without any issues over serial, but there is no tracking even though tracking is enabled on the asi air app on telescope setting.

Let me know.

Thanks,
-vijay

Vijay

I got the problem sorted out by updating to the latest firmware.