Tracking #EXOS2

kevin power

Yes it's a great hobby ha ha. Looking forward to getting first images then the new fun starts with processing, lucky I have given myself 2 years

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Shailendra Sharma <sshailendrasharma@...>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:40:33 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Tracking

I know. But that happens sometime. I have had time where I have been at it for an hour nothing works! Then change nothing and all of a sudden it all clicks!

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of kevin power <kevinpower@...>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:26:07 PM

Was last night and wasn't going to set up but saw a few faint stars and need the Practice so went for it, missed Andromeda, just got the edge hence looking for more reliable set up ha ha

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of Shailendra Sharma <sshailendrasharma@...>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:22:27 PM

Yes clouds will do that! Happened to me. Just bad luck and the clouds not playing cricket! :-)

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of kevin power <kevinpower@...>
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:19:20 PM

I have had several fails with ASTAP but thought it may have been clouds? I will have a look at others as would like to have a reliable working setup.

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:15:10 PM

Astap works just fine. I just prefer plate solver. They all work though. Just depends on speed for your setup. I find astap fails.more often. But have seen other who love astap.

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:03:18 PM

Thank you I was watching as you replied. I am assuming that PHD2 keeps the speed correct with the auto star selection? I have been using ASTAP plate solver would you recommend a different one? Thanks

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 11:58:56 AM

Hey I have done a vid. On a sequence in nina without polar alignment. I have 5 mins subs doing this routine. Normally stick to 3 though as quicker ;-) https://www.facebook.com/groups/775235275932996/permalink/2990943017695533/

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 11:23:36 AM
Subject: [ESPMC-Eight] Tracking

Hi I am new to this, had my EXOS 2 PMC8 for a couple of months now and everything seems to be working fine apart from I cannot take images for longer than 60 seconds without getting trails. 

I have been using Sharpcap 2 with a Altair GPCAM2 290C for polar aligning attached to Skywatcher Evostar Ed80, I get exelent according to sharpcap. 

I then slew to an object in Stellarium but am always off? 

I amusing POTH hub and connected to laptop via serial port.

I will be trying N. I. N. A. soon to see if there is a difference. 

Any help or suggestion welcome. Thanks

Shailendra Sharma <sshailendrasharma@...>

I know. But that happens sometime. I have had time where I have been at it for an hour nothing works! Then change nothing and all of a sudden it all clicks!

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 12:26:07 PM

Was last night and wasn't going to set up but saw a few faint stars and need the Practice so went for it, missed Andromeda, just got the edge hence looking for more reliable set up ha ha

Yes clouds will do that! Happened to me. Just bad luck and the clouds not playing cricket! :-)

I have had several fails with ASTAP but thought it may have been clouds? I will have a look at others as would like to have a reliable working setup.

Astap works just fine. I just prefer plate solver. They all work though. Just depends on speed for your setup. I find astap fails.more often. But have seen other who love astap.

Thank you I was watching as you replied. I am assuming that PHD2 keeps the speed correct with the auto star selection? I have been using ASTAP plate solver would you recommend a different one? Thanks

Hey I have done a vid. On a sequence in nina without polar alignment. I have 5 mins subs doing this routine. Normally stick to 3 though as quicker ;-) https://www.facebook.com/groups/775235275932996/permalink/2990943017695533/

Hi I am new to this, had my EXOS 2 PMC8 for a couple of months now and everything seems to be working fine apart from I cannot take images for longer than 60 seconds without getting trails. 

I have been using Sharpcap 2 with a Altair GPCAM2 290C for polar aligning attached to Skywatcher Evostar Ed80, I get exelent according to sharpcap. 

kevin power

If your using an exos 2. You may get errors in the guiding. Check the cables and balance. Its quite hard to balance in dec. In fact really hard! The cables make it even harder. Play with the cables and see when it's happy. Take pics for future ref.

Cheers
Chox

kevin power

kevin power

kevin power