Topics

Lunar Tracking Rate on EXOS2 and iPad - #EXOS2 #iPadOS

ACorkill

Hi Jerry, Scott and Team,

I'm using an EXOS2-GT with PMC-Eight and an ES152ED. I'm doing sketching of the moon and need to know if there is an easy way to switch to Lunar Tracking on the Explore Stars app on iPad? I've checked settings, but no luck. 

Thanks,
Andrew
--
Telescope: Explore Scientific ED152 Air-Spaced Triplet APO Refractor in Carbon Fiber with 3" HEX Focuser 
Mount: Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT Equatorial with PMC-Eight
Other Scopes: Meade 8"LX90 SCT, William Optics 66mm APO Refractor
Binoculars: Oberwerk 20x80, Alpen 8x56

ACorkill

I got the answer from Jerry to this question. The setting is in the PMC-Eight Programmers reference manual. 

Go to "Settings" in the Explore Stars App on iPad. Then change the "Tracking Speed" (type in the new number).

Sidereal: 48
Solar 47.88
Lunar: 46.24

Thanks - Andrew
--
Telescope: Explore Scientific ED152 Air-Spaced Triplet APO Refractor in Carbon Fiber with 3" HEX Focuser 
Mount: Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT Equatorial

ACorkill

Remember this is for the EXOS2 and IEXOS-100

Sidereal: 48
Solar 47.88
Lunar: 46.24

The Losmandy G11 has a different setting (refer to the programmers reference manual)
--

ACorkill

Here is the reply I got from Jerry:

Under the settings you can set the tracking rate from 48.00 to the different values listed in the PMC-Eight Programmer’s Reference.  Here is the table (attached):
- Jerry Hubbell

Thanks,
Andrew

--