Topics

iExos-100 and dedicated polar scope #iEXOS-100 #polaralignment

Karol Trepala

This may be a stupid question, but I am new on astrophotography, and also new here, so please be forgiving.

I just received few minutes ago my iExos-100 mount whih I bought with dedicated polar scope. I looked thru that scope and I am a little bit confused...
Previously I used for a short time "star adventurer mini" (which is very simple tracker), and there was in polar scope kind of clock face, to setup polar star in apropriate position depends on the time, as that star is not perfectly on the north.
Here I don't see such clock face (only center of the scope is marked... so my question is: How can I set this mount in good position?

Yorksman

Sounds silly but, have you switched it on? Against a dark night sky, you will see the markings illuminated. You won't see it during the day.

Karol Trepala

Yes. I switched on, and I see there only lines which define center ohe the scope and lines/marked stars to align mount on southern hemisphere (I guess), but there is no any circle to setup appropriate position of the polar star. I'm talking about the circle like here:

brian skinner

Hi, I'm not sure that you are using the dedicated iEXOS100 Polar Scope. If you go to the Explore Scientific product website you will find it. It attaches to the mount with a bracket and the reticule shows both Ursa Major and Cass.

I can go through the PA procedure for you using the product if you wish, but yours as I say I don't think is the dedicated PS.
--
Brian Skinner
iEXOS100

Jason Colbeck

Mines on the exos-2 is the same , No clock face like the pics you posted,,,that's what I'm used to on my old CG4 mount,,now it just has 4 stars & a place for polaris...I'll get used to it,, just different.