Topics

Problem connecting to my IEXOS-100 via USB on both Indi and ASCOM #iEXOS-100 #TECHNICAL

Mehdi Tlili

I just received my iEXOS 100 today and wanted to test its capabilities.
Connecting to the wifi through the ExploreStars app works with no problems and I can move both axes.
The problems started when I tried to connect to the mount via usb. I first started using Indi since I use Ubuntu as main OS.
I followed the tutorial but it always ended up with a timeout when trying to connect.

Then I switched to Windows and installes ASCOM and the ASCOM 64/32 bit drivers.
I also upgraded the firmware to the latest version, this worked via usb.

When I open ASCOM diagnostics and try to connect, I also get a timeout, but the log is more detailed than in Indi

Create              Creating device
Connected           Connecting to device
Error               System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040402): Timed out waiting for received data
   at ASCOM.Utilities.Serial.ReceiveTerminated(String Terminator) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.Utilities\ASCOM.Utilities\Serial.vb:line 1204
   at ASCOM.ES_PMC8.Telescope.CommandString(String Command, Boolean Raw)
   at ASCOM.ES_PMC8.Telescope.GetRAMotorPosition()
   at ASCOM.ES_PMC8.Telescope.set_Connected(Boolean value)
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Boolean )
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2[T0,T1,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
   at ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:line 268
Dispose             Disposing of device
Dispose             Completed disposal
ReleaseComObject    Releasing COM instance
GC Collect          Starting garbage collection
GC Collect          Completed garbage collection

I need the cable connection as I plan to use a Raspberry Pi as control device for my setup.
Any help would be appreciated.

Mehdi Tlili

Also,
when I try connecting via Wifi with ASCOM, it gets stuck for a while then I get the following error:

Create              Creating device
Connected           Connecting to device
Error               ASCOM.NotConnectedException: GetRAMotorPosition
   at ASCOM.ES_PMC8.Telescope.GetRAMotorPosition()
   at ASCOM.ES_PMC8.Telescope.set_Connected(Boolean value)
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Boolean )
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2[T0,T1,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
   at ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:line 268
Dispose             Disposing of device
Dispose             Completed disposal
ReleaseComObject    Releasing COM instance
GC Collect          Starting garbage collection
GC Collect          Completed garbage collection

I checked the settings and they seem correct in the ASCOM device connection tester (Using ESP.WROOM02 as wifi module for iexos 100)

AnonAstron

Sorry for repetition since I have the same reply to another post but don’t know how to provide a reference...

Another new owner here but on a Mac.

I was initially a bit puzzled but through some great inputs from others on this group managed to get it working smoothly. The key for me was understanding the process for usb/wireless switching. See here if you haven’t already:

http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/ESAN003_rev01.pdf

I’ve been using Kstars/Ekos both wired and wireless as well as Stellarium albeit indoors-only.

hope this helps

--
Experienced hobby photographer and total newbie to anything Astro.  iexos100 with ES80ED and Canon DSLRs

Mehdi Tlili

Thank you so much! This was the missing piece of information I needed. Tested and it works with Indi.
Where are those documents listed?

AnonAstron

No problem, just passing on what helped me.

This file is in the Files section (on the left of the main window)  under Explore Scientific Official files subfolder.
--

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 05:24 AM, <mehdi.tlili@...> wrote:
Thank you so much! This was the missing piece of information I needed. Tested and it works with Indi.
Where are those documents listed?
This information is also listed in the Explore Scientific PMC-Eight Programmer's Reference.
Look at appendix 3 on page 44.

http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/PMC_Eight_ProgrammersReferenceManual_Release2_2019_March_07.pdf

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data