Topics

#EXOS2 #pmc-eight Unable to get my new mount to work #EXOS2 #pmc-eight

Joe Rigby

Hi everyone, I just got a new EXOS-2 PMC-Eight mount. When I switch it on, 
1. I hear a humming sound from the mount, but don't see any movement
2. My ExploreStars app just says "Please Wait"

Could someone guide me on what to do; I've watched a few videos, read and re-read the manual, reset my wi-fi, and re-balanced my scope multiple times, but nothing helped :(

Any help on this would be highly appreciated! 

Tim Huseby

Edited

What platform are you using for explore stars app. Here is a how to install it for windows. I had this same issue and it was the fact I wasn’t putting the correct file in my photos folder.

--
Tim
Las Vegas
Just starting in this Hobby, I have been doing wildlife and landscape photography. 
Mounts
Exos2-gt  PMC-8, Celestron Alt/Azimuth 

Scopes/Lenses:
Celestron SLT 130, William Optics Star 71 app, Olympus 7-14,12-40,40-150 Pro 

Cameras: 
Olymous om-d E-M5 Mkii, SBIG STF8300M

Joe Rigby

Hi Tim, I am on Windows 10, and had put the database in the pictures folder. 

I restarted my computer, reset the wi-fi connection, then connected to the wi-fi of the PMC-Eight and then opened the ExploreStars app. The mount is now responding!
The problem it seems is that the PMC-Eight wi-fi needs to be connected before launching the ExploreStars app. If I launch the app first, and then connect to the PMC-Eight wi-fi, then it doesn't work

Thanks for the help! All good now.

alandebrut

Hi,

I cant get my new mount working either, no noise or anything.

Just wondered, in the Explorestars app when you opened it did you get the 4 star compass in the left hand windowI I dont and I dont know why, but I can see the objects/database etc

But it just does not connect to the PMC8 so no movement from the mount whatsoever!

Thanks
Alan

On 4 Sep 2020, at 14:20, Joe Rigby via groups.io <p17mohitm@...> wrote:

Hi Tim, I am on Windows 10, and had put the database in the pictures folder. 

I restarted my computer, reset the wi-fi connection, then connected to the wi-fi of the PMC-Eight and then opened the ExploreStars app. The mount is now responding!
The problem it seems is that the PMC-Eight wi-fi needs to be connected before launching the ExploreStars app. If I launch the app first, and then connect to the PMC-Eight wi-fi, then it doesn't work

Thanks for the help! All good now.

--
Explore Scientific:
Telscope AR102, F6.5
Exos 2, PMC8 (awaiting delivery)

Celestron
SE8 plus mount
Starsense

Canon 80D