Topics

#FIRMWARE #FIRMWARE

Roy Shotton

Thanks Wes, I have the FTDI chipset and everything else works fine. I’m sure I will find a workaround I just thought I may have a fault. However it’s a computer isn’t it🤔

Roy Shotton

Thanks Jennifer I will give that a try.😊

Jennifer Shelly

Roy:

I assume you attempted to update the FW using the Configuration Manager Tool.  Another way to update is manually via Command Prompt.  There are instructions located in the PMC-8 Application Note (AN001).
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro

Roy

I had the same problem.  Unfortunately I do not believe there is a cure, just a work around.

1.  There was a suspicion that it had to do with the ftdi or lack of an ftdi chip set.  I had the failure with both I believe .  But I might be remembering it wrong.  If you are using a non ftdi usb-serial adapter then get one with the ftdi chipset.  If you are an iexos it already has it in there, so look at the next point.

2.  What worked for me was to change the pc being used to load the code.  Not ideal I know.  I couldn’t get it to work using my windows 10 tablet.   It did work in a bootcamp Mac air, and it works fine on my Dell laptop.

Sorry man, that’s all I can tell you.   Find another computer.

Roy Shotton

Hi All. I am having issues uploading the latest firmware. I have full control of the mount via serial but the response from the PMC manager keeps coming back 'Checksum Error on Com5'
Is this a laptop issue or a PMC8 issue. Here is the log from the PMC manager for each of the uploads.

Any ideas?

Regards

Roy

41       EVT:503-Checking COM5.
EVT:505-Propeller chip version 1 found on COM5.
EVT:506-Loading RAM
EVT:507-Verifying RAM
ERR:351-RAM checksum error on COM5.

40       Path to EEPROM: "C:\Users\roysh\Documents\PMC8Firmware\9t_17a_EXOS2.eeprom"
39       Path to Propellent.exe:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Explore Scientific Utilities\PMC-8 Configuration Manager 1.0.3\Propellent.exe "
38       Attempting to upload ROM
37       EVT:503-Checking COM5.
EVT:505-Propeller chip version 1 found on COM5.
EVT:506-Loading RAM
EVT:507-Verifying RAM
ERR:351-RAM checksum error on COM5.

36       Path to EEPROM: "C:\Users\roysh\Documents\PMC8Firmware\9t_17_EXOS2.eeprom"
35       Path to Propellent.exe:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Explore Scientific Utilities\PMC-8 Configuration Manager 1.0.3\Propellent.exe "
34       Attempting to upload ROM
33       EVT:503-Checking COM5.
EVT:505-Propeller chip version 1 found on COM5.
EVT:506-Loading RAM
EVT:507-Verifying RAM
ERR:351-RAM checksum error on COM5.

32       Path to EEPROM: "C:\Users\roysh\Documents\PMC8Firmware\9t_15a_EXOS2.eeprom"
31       Path to Propellent.exe:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Explore Scientific Utilities\PMC-8 Configuration Manager 1.0.3\Propellent.exe "
30       Attempting to upload ROM
29       EVT:503-Checking COM5.
EVT:505-Propeller chip version 1 found on COM5.
EVT:506-Loading RAM
EVT:507-Verifying RAM
ERR:351-RAM checksum error on COM5.

28       Path to EEPROM: "C:\Users\roysh\Documents\PMC8Firmware\9t_15_EXOS2.eeprom"
27       Path to Propellent.exe:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Explore Scientific Utilities\PMC-8 Configuration Manager 1.0.3\Propellent.exe "
26       Attempting to upload ROM