#iEXOS-100 Maximum weight I can use. #iEXOS-100

Dani Suarez

Hi group.
I just received my Iexos-100 and I have a question.
I have a sw 120/600  with a 450D. In total they are about 11lbs.
Can I use it by adding the counterweights? Or do I go straight to a lighter ED refractor?
thanks!

PD.-

sorry for my english.

Ian Morison

Dear Dani,
    you will need an additional counterweight I believe.   I have covered this in a review of the mount in my Astronomy Digest (www.ianmorison.com  - note only a single 'r')    With the two supplied counterweights I think that ~7 lbs is about the maximum you could balance.

Enjoy your mount - I really like mine.

Best regards,

Ian Morison

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 7:58 AM Dani Suarez <danisuarez76@...> wrote:
Hi group.
I just received my Iexos-100 and I have a question.
I have a sw 120/600  with a 450D. In total they are about 11lbs.
Can I use it by adding the counterweights? Or do I go straight to a lighter ED refractor?
thanks!

PD.-

sorry for my english.

Dani Suarez

Thank you very much Ian.
I have read the attached link carefully. Articles like yours are appreciated, there are few references outside of this forum.
I will purchase and balance my refrector following your directions.
I am looking forward to the time of a break and I can go out to enjoy my eixos 100.
An affectionate greeting from Madrid.

James Ball

I have extra counterweights and have used it with the standard tripod with up to a deforked C8.  It will be quite shaky when focusing with that much weight but for visual it can do it.  If you purchase the heavier tripod and the azimuth adjuster it will handle quite a bit of weight.

On my standard tripod it does well with an extra weight and the AT102ED (102\700) scope, That shouldn't be too different from what you have currently..
--
James Ball
Dawson Springs, Ky