Use a iexos-100 without goto #iEXOS-100

Apre

Hello all, I was wondering if I could use my iexos-100 to just track my objects once I manually align them as I am struggling to star align and goto isnt necessary for the DSO I am shooting.
Thanks

Ian Morison

Hi,
  Yes you can - providing that the mount is accurately horizontal and reasonably well aligned on the North Celestial Pole.  Just keep your exposures short enough so you do not get star trailing.  The longer the focal length the more precise you will need to be.

Cheers,

Ian

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020, Apre <777sek@...> wrote:
Hello all, I was wondering if I could use my iexos-100 to just track my objects once I manually align them as I am struggling to star align and goto isnt necessary for the DSO I am shooting.
Thanks

Yorksman

Just chanced on this thread which is also of interest to me. How does one track after manual alignment? Is it just a question of pressing on the T function in Explore Stars or is there another way?

Ian Morison

Hi Harry,
        I believe that it will continue to track at sidereal rate as mine does.
Cheers,

Ian