Topics

Choice of tripods for those who would like to increase the payload on their iEXOS-100 #iEXOS-100

Nihal

Hi,

Just to add my two cents, I too use the i-EXOS 100 with the fine AZ adjuster on the EQ5 mount.

It has made a world of difference, works flawlessly
and fits perfectly. Now it’s a joy to use the mount.

happy to add pictures, if needed.

Ming

For those who want to replace the stock 1.25" tripod in order to increase the payload limit on their iEXOS-100, you have two options:

ST2/3 tripod:
The ES Medium/Heavy Duty tripods are not available in the EU. Here is what I did. I approached my local Bresser dealer (Bresser UK) and asked them for the Bresser version of the ES ST2 tripod. They got in touch with Bresser headoffice in Germany and my ST2 tripod was delivered by UPS 5 days later. It costed me £135.

Skywatcher 1.75" EQ5 tripod:
Out of curiosity I tried my iEXOS-100 + Fine AZ adjuster on my SW 1.75" tripod that I normally use with my HEQ5. The combo worked flawlessly. So for those who can't get hold of the ST2/3 tripods, buy a SW EQ5 tripod instead.

--
Scopes: APM-LZOS 115/805, Skywatcher 200P Dob & APM 107/700 (grab'n'go)
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro w/ Rowan belt mod + ADM saddle & ES iEXOS-100 PMC8 w/ Fine AZ adjuster + ST2 tripod

Eyepieces: ES68 24mm, ES82 8.8mm, 14mm; TV Delos 4.5mm, Panoptic 35mm & 2.5x Powermate; BST 3.2mm, 5mm, 12mm & 25mm
Imaging: Canon EOS 600Da, Canon 135mm f/2L + 1.4x extender, TS 2" 0.79x FR, IDAS NB1 filter, Altair Starwave 50mm + ZWO ASI120MM Mini (guiding)

Software: BYE, PHD2, Astrotortilla, Stellarium, DSS, PIPP, AutoStakkert2, PS CC

Binoculars: Vixen Ascot ZR 8x42WP