iEXOS-100 tripod #iEXOS-100

James

I was just wondering if there was a better tripod that supports the iEXOS-100 mount. The legs are a bit flimsy and I'm concerned it will nit last long. I have to move it around a lot as I have to go off site to set it up.

Thanks

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific EXOS II GT, iEXOS-100, Celestron AVX
Scope: Explore Scientific AR102, AR152, FirstLight 152mm Mak-Cassegrain, William Optics SpaceCat 51, Sky-Watcher Evostar ED APO 72mm
Guide Scope: Astromania 50mm Guidescope (190mm focal length), SVBONY SV165 Mini Guide Scope 30mm (120mm focal length)
Guide Camera: ZWO ASI120MM Mini Monochrome
Camera: Canon RP (IR modification)
Filters: Optolong CLS-CCD, Baader Planetarium UHC-S Nebula Filter, and Orion SkyGlow Astrophotography Filter
Laptop: Dell XPS 13
Software: Windows 10 Home (20H2), PHD2, ASCOM, and APT

jrichard333 <jrichard333@hotmail.com>

Good day James,

Explore Scientific does offer more tripod options:  https://explorescientificusa.com/collections/tripods

I felt the same way in the beginning, but after about a year and half, I realized I was not going to break it.   

Every time I image, I travel up and down a couple of flights of stairs.

I eventually went with the ST3 mount, which supports my iEXOS-100 mount, around 20-pounds of

counterweight and a 7” Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope.

JR

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io [mailto:MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io] On Behalf Of James
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2020 12:31 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: [ESPMC-Eight] iEXOS-100 tripod #iEXOS-100

I was just wondering if there was a better tripod that supports the iEXOS-100 mount. The legs are a bit flimsy and I'm concerned it will nit last long. I have to move it around a lot as I have to go off site to set it up.

Thanks

--

Mounts: Explore Scientific EXOS II GT, iEXOS-100, Celestron AVX

Scope: Explore Scientific AR102, AR152, FirstLight 152mm Mak-Cassegrain, William Optics SpaceCat 51, Sky-Watcher Evostar ED APO 72mm
Guide Scope: Astromania 50mm Guidescope (190mm focal length), SVBONY SV165 Mini Guide Scope 30mm (120mm focal length)

Guide Camera: ZWO ASI120MM Mini Monochrome
Camera: Canon RP (IR modification)
Filters: Optolong CLS-CCD, Baader Planetarium UHC-S Nebula Filter, and Orion SkyGlow Astrophotography Filter
Laptop: Dell XPS 13

Software: Windows 10 Home (20H2), PHD2, ASCOM, and APT