New EXOS2 PMC8 mount?

David Aucoin

I read in another post that Jerry Hubbell stated that the EXOS2 PMC8 was going to be phased out at the end of the year and a new mount was in the works, by the end of the year. Has that new mount been established? When will it be coming out? Are there any specs on the new design? Will it replace the EXOS2 PMC8 mount? Is it in the same price range?

I am looking to buy the EXOS2 PMC8 mount, but if a newer mount is coming out, I would want to wait for that.

What information can you give me?

Thanks,
Dave Aucoin

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum.  

I don't believe I ever said the EXOS 2 PMC-Eight was going to be phased out, in fact we have plans to continue to sell that model. We are planning to release a new mount called the iEXOS 200 that will improve upon the performance of the EXOS 2 PMC-Eight. It will be priced competitively against higher performing mounts that are better than the EXOS 2. The new iEXOS 200 will be released next year, stay tuned!
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

Hi Jerry. 
             When will the juicy details and price be known. 

On 21 Dec 2020, at 19:29, Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering <jrh@...> wrote:

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum.  

I don't believe I ever said the EXOS 2 PMC-Eight was going to be phased out, in fact we have plans to continue to sell that model. We are planning to release a new mount called the iEXOS 200 that will improve upon the performance of the EXOS 2 PMC-Eight. It will be priced competitively against higher performing mounts that are better than the EXOS 2. The new iEXOS 200 will be released next year, stay tuned!
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

--
Michael Whitaker
Wakefield, UK. 
MOUNTS. Exos-2 PMC Eight..
SCOPE: RVO Horizon 72ed. 
CAMERA: Not Applicable. 
SOFTWARE: Just iPad at moment. 

Patrick Maher

That's good to hear, Jerry. 

Do you have any idea when the EXOS2-GT PMC-8 will be back in stock?  The ES website indicates it will be back in stock in November.  I'm thinking that date has come and gone and ES isn't referring to November, 2021.  

Of course, I'm also interested in getting an idea of at least which quarter of 2021 we can hope to see the EXOS-200. 

Thanks Jerry.

Patrick
--
Explore Scientific iEXOS-100 and EXOS-2GT (non-PMC)
Explore Scientific ED 102mm Refractor