Slew Speed while using Stellarium (Serial) #EXOS2 #ASCOM

duker@...

Good Afternoon,

Using the PMC* connected via \serial, and slewing commands sent by Stellarium, I am trying to adjust the slewing speed a bit slower. Using the ASCOM Profiler, I simply cannot find the parameter to modify the slewing speed to the mount.

Would anyone know what the parameter is to change the slewing speed when I send slew commands to the mount via ASCOM?
With thanks.

--
Rob
Seaforth, Ontario

Wes Mcdonald

Rob

The pmc8 manages its own slew speed.  The ascom driver executed a specific command to the pmc8 which takes it from there.

What is it about the programmed speed you feel the need to change?

duker@...

Thanks for your reply Wes,

When in my backyard, the slewing noise is fine, I am thinking about when I'm in a campground, with close neighbors, slowing the slew speed down would reduce the whiling noise somewhat. That's my desire if possible.
--
Rob
Seaforth, Ontario
EXOSII-PMC8 Mount
Starwave 80ED
Starfield 50mm/ZWO ASI Guide Scope
Altair 224c/ZWO 183MC

Wes Mcdonald

I see.  WEll perhaps Jerry would consider having a "quiet" mode slew.  But honestly, the sound is low enough that in my experience, the sound is compatible with star parties.

Slewing more quietly though implies a bit slower, so you have that aspect to consider.

Wes.