Slew Speed while using Stellarium (Serial) #EXOS2 #ASCOM

duker@...

Good Afternoon,

Using the PMC* connected via \serial, and slewing commands sent by Stellarium, I am trying to adjust the slewing speed a bit slower. Using the ASCOM Profiler, I simply cannot find the parameter to modify the slewing speed to the mount.

Would anyone know what the parameter is to change the slewing speed when I send slew commands to the mount via ASCOM?
With thanks.

--
Rob
Seaforth, Ontario
EXOSII-PMC8 Mount
Starwave 80ED
Starfield 50mm/ZWO ASI Guide Scope
Altair 224c/ZWO 183MC

Wes Mcdonald

Rob

The pmc8 manages its own slew speed.  The ascom driver executed a specific command to the pmc8 which takes it from there.  

What is it about the programmed speed you feel the need to change?

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired

duker@...

Thanks for your reply Wes,

When in my backyard, the slewing noise is fine, I am thinking about when I'm in a campground, with close neighbors, slowing the slew speed down would reduce the whiling noise somewhat. That's my desire if possible.
--
Rob
Seaforth, Ontario
EXOSII-PMC8 Mount
Starwave 80ED
Starfield 50mm/ZWO ASI Guide Scope
Altair 224c/ZWO 183MC

Wes Mcdonald

I see.  WEll perhaps Jerry would consider having a "quiet" mode slew.  But honestly, the sound is low enough that in my experience, the sound is compatible with star parties.

Slewing more quietly though implies a bit slower, so you have that aspect to consider.

Wes.

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired