UPDATED PMC-Eight Universal Firmware Installation Kit version 2021-08-08 #ExploreScientific #ASCOM #FIRMWARE

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

It is my pleasure to announce the release of the Updated Universal Firmware Installation Kit which includes updated versions of the Universal Firmware Configuration Tool (UFCT) and the PMC-Eight ASCOM Driver which takes advantage of all the new functions added to the firmware over the past few months.

I want to thank Wes McDonald for his tireless work on this release to make the PMC-Eight the best mount control system available.

You can find the kit in the files section of the main forum or you can find it here for download on our website.
ExploreStars Software & Database Downloads – PMC-Eight System Download — Explore Scientific LLC

Thanks for your continued support of the PMC-Eight system!

Clear Skies!!
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

jrichard333 <jrichard333@hotmail.com>

Good day all,

What an exciting update.  I have not been around long, but I think this is revolutionary; another first.  I did a bit of indoor testing yesterday.  Nothing cooler than doing microadjustments in ExploreStars (Android) and watching the movements transpire in Stellarium via ASCOM and vice versa (real time); what a game changer.  Could this be the end of my finderscope and red dot finder?  It will definitely bring me back to experimenting with DSOs after planetary season ends for me.

Thank you Wes, Sir Jerry, and all involved.

JR

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io [mailto:MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering
Sent: Sunday, August 8, 2021 8:43 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Subject: [ESPMC-Eight] UPDATED PMC-Eight Universal Firmware Installation Kit version 2021-08-08 #ASCOM #ExploreScientific #FIRMWARE

It is my pleasure to announce the release of the Updated Universal Firmware Installation Kit which includes updated versions of the Universal Firmware Configuration Tool (UFCT) and the PMC-Eight ASCOM Driver which takes advantage of all the new functions added to the firmware over the past few months.

I want to thank Wes McDonald for his tireless work on this release to make the PMC-Eight the best mount control system available.

You can find the kit in the files section of the main forum or you can find it here for download on our website.
ExploreStars Software & Database Downloads – PMC-Eight System Download — Explore Scientific LLC

Thanks for your continued support of the PMC-Eight system!

Clear Skies!!
--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!