Use PMC8 WiFi for Wifi Scope

Larry Young

Hi Everyone,
     I was having some interference issues??? with WiFi Scope so I went through my setup for Skysafari.  I realized that now with the update, thePMC8 WiFi is always on so why do I need to use a separate WiFi router.  It works well so I have one less device to connect and power up in my system. and less chance for interference.

Larry
--
EXOS II PMC-8
Celestron 6SE

Wes Mcdonald

Larry

Not sure what you mean.  If you are trying to use SkySafari and WiFi scope you will still need a router because the pmc8 WiFi module will not route.  At least I don’t think it will.  Seems to me that I remember that thst multiple units can join and in fact get ping responses but data cannot pass from one, through the rni31 and back to the other.

Also the WiFi unit has always been in all the time.  It was just not connected to the firmware before when you were employing ascom.

Have you gotten SkySafari and wifiscope to work without a router?

Larry Young

Thanks Wes,
    Yes, I used the PMC8 WiFi as a router.  It worked once, I think.   Let me try again before I waste anyone's time.  Thank you so much for what you do for this Board.

Larry

--
EXOS II PMC-8
Celestron 6SE
Dobstuff rebuild of Coulter 17 with Nexus2

Larry Young

No joy, it connects but you are correct no data is going through.  Sorry for the misdirection.