ExploreStars Software & Database Downloads – PMC-Eight System Download — Explore Scientific LLC

Thanks for your continued support of the PMC-Eight system!

Clear Skies!!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Cameron Gillis

Fantastic Jerry and Wes! Looking forward to receiving and testing my new EXOS2 with PMC8 in a few weeks 😊 Clear Skies! Cameron

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Jennifer Shelly

I am pleased to report that the new FW and new ASCOM driver worked great for me last night with my G-11.  The UFCT would not let me change the mount to G-11 from iExos-100.  It would select G-11 and my COM port and click Get My Current Configuration and it would revert to iExos-100 and tell me to either select Exos-2 or G-11.  I bypassed it by clicking Set Current Configuration and then it would let me change the mount to G-11.  The other thing I noticed in the UFCT is that Northern Hemisphere was not checked by default.  Not sure if this was intentional or not.  I did not notice it at first and was scratching my head trying to figure out why my mount was slewing towards the ground.  I did not have any issues with PHD2 guide pulses stopping.  Was able to guide my entire session.  The last thing I noticed is that I when I slewed the mount to my target my orientation from Stellarium was not taken into account.  Other than that a drastic improvement compared to my last time out. Now I have to do the same thing for my Exos-2 and iExos-100.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2, ES PMC-8 iEXOS-100
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, Askar FRA400, Askar FRA600, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C, QHY183M
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance / L-Extreme, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD, Primaluce Lab Sesto Senso 2, QHY CFW3-S, Optolong 1.25” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro

Jennifer

The correct procedure after update is to set current configuration after selecting g11.  So you did that!

As for the northern hemisphere I think this is a consequence of this not being a new install.  So useful tip for everyone is likely to be to ensure the northern hemisphere is selected upon initial setup of the new firmware with the UFCT.

So glad to hear all went well.