Topics

Android or Windows tablet?

David Pickett

Dear Jerry,

I dont have either a Windows or an Android
tablet, but am relying on my Windows laptop for
the time being. The question then is, in the long
run, when ExploreStars works on both, will one OS be preferable to the other?

By the way, I am sure you know that we need to
remember to ensure that the subject matches the content -- I have changed it :)

Thanks!

David

hubbell_jerry@... [ESPMC-Eight] wrote:

Hi David,

I can't remember if I posted a response to this
previously, but we are actively working on an
Android version of ExploreStars. At the current
time, we suggest that people use an 8-inch
Windows tablet that can be had for around 100 US
as the hand controller. Once the Android app is
available you can use an 8-inch Android tablet
also that can be bought for around 100 US.

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.

hubbell_jerry@...

Thanks David,  yes the ExploreStars application will be available on the Android OS, hopefully by the end of the year. On the initial release of the PMC-Eight system, the ExploreStars application was delivered as a Windows Store application, and is available now for use. It really is a personal preference whether to use Android or Windows. There will probably be small differences between the apps on either system, but we will ensure that the experience is the same using either.