Topics

sticky Astrophotography done with the iEXOS-100 post your picture and details lets show what this mount can do. #iexos-100 #astrophotography

Chris Tardif

Great....Here is my North America nebula....I am still trying to figure out Field of View... your Z61 is 360 * 1.6 for the APSC sensor effective FL of 576?

Canon T5i – unmodified.

ISO 800 – 30X 180sec

Canon 400mm Prime lens effective focal length of 640mm

Autoguided

This picture has the dubious distinction of being the first photo that turned out where I (mostly) hit what I was aiming at.   The FOV was a surprise....I am starting to think 400mm is the exact wrong FL.  Too short for galaxies (opinions welcome) and too long for these nebulae.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Jim Heckt

I keep hoping to see other port shots here, alas....well here's another of mine. #iEXOS-100 mount

This mount is the little engine that can!

24 105 sec exposures unguided, 10 Flats, Darks and Bias Williams Z61 scope with flattener

Canon T6i Full Spectrum Mod Filter L-Pro ISO 1600 shot under Seattle skies the Wizard Nebula

Stacked and processing APP and PS 2019 Cropped

Chris Tardif

Very nice....I’ve been thinking about switching to a small scope from my camera lens and the Z61 is on the list.  You like it I presume?  Any feedback on it?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I keep hoping to see other port shots here, alas....well here's another of mine. #iEXOS-100 mount

This mount is the little engine that can!

24 105 sec exposures unguided, 10 Flats, Darks and Bias Williams Z61 scope with flattener

Canon T6i Full Spectrum Mod Filter L-Pro ISO 1600 shot under Seattle skies the Wizard Nebula

Stacked and processing APP and PS 2019 Cropped

Jim Johnston

I have posted my success thus far taking pics with this mount here: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/643240-now-available-our-new-explore-scientific-iexos-100-pmc-eight-399/
--

Explore Scientific ED127, SkyWatcher ED80, Astro-tech AT60ED

Samyang 135mm & 14mm Lens

ZWO ASI 224MC, ZWO ASI 1600MM-C, ZWO ASI183MM Pro, ZWO ASI 120mm Mini, ZWO ASI 294MC Pro

iOptron CEM60, iOptron Tri-Pier, Explore Scientific iEXOS 100 Mount, Skywatcher Star Adventurer Pro

Chris Tardif

One more for the little mount!

81 X 3 minute exposures...punching way above it weight....literally....The tracking was excellent even if my camera is noisy and post-processing is anemic.

Chris

Mount: Explore Scientific: IEXOS-100

Scopes: Explore Scientific 102mm FCD-100, Canon 400mm lens

Cameras:  Canon T3i(mod), T5i (stock), Altair GPCAM2-130-mono

Software: ASCOM, PHD, ATP, Starrynight, Stellarium, OneDrive, SharpCap
Computer:  Intel NUC and an ugly thing I built myself.