Topics

sticky Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

asanmax@...

I'm sure that the mount can do even better and I'm glad you're getting great results with another tripod.
The problem I'm having is that I'm right at the sea level by the ocean and the air is very unstable. I can literally see the star changes its shape from frame to frame in PHD2, from round to square to triangle etc.
At 1300mm with the live view on in APT and at the full zoom,the stars are 'dancing'. So I guess If I was imaging at a better place, the RMS would be even better.
I'm currently looking at buying a clip in light pollution filter suitable for my purposes, I have an Ha modded canon.

kmagin72186@...

Pixinsight's deconvolution helps with the blur and the channelmatch helps with atmospheric chromatic correction.  It takes a while to get used to Pixinisght, but it works much better than photoshop.

ettore.ribaudo@...

M31 from Croazia 5 shoot of 60 sec.

--
Mounts: IExos 100
Scopes: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO

asanmax@...

Witch's Broom nebula
C5
Canon T3i modded
85x120 sec at ISO 1600
Bortle 8

asanmax,

Very nice!  Are you using that C5 with a reducer, or at full FL?

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide

asanmax@...

Edited

Thanks Robert. No reducer, the scope's FL is 1250mm and at the focal pane of the camera it is about 1300mm.
The image is larger, I can't figure out how to upload the full size here.
Let's try imgur: Witch's Broom

Kent Marts- Explore Scientific Customer Service

Edited

Everyone, these are gorgeous images.

I would like to use some in marketing the mount, showing potential customers what this little mount can do.

If you are interested, please send me an original full-size file. Include you name, details of  the exposure and equipment, etc.

ALSO, please include a statement giving Explore Scientific permission to use your image in marketing. We will certainly credit you for your work.

Please email to: service (at) explorescientific.com. Put "iEXOS-100 photo" in the subject line.

Kent

Obo Eins <oboonenordbass@...>

M45 Pleiades Cluster,

Here i got

300 x 1 min Lights with 50 Darks, 50 Flats and 150 Bias

Wes Mcdonald

Nice Obo!
wes

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

asanmax@...

Good job on Pleiades, what kind of scope and camera?

Bill Black

Finally got my EXOS II with PMC8 out under the stars Wednesday night.
Light cloud cover and poor seeing in Dallas, GA, but I was just setting up/aligning/learning and didn't plan on capturing data.
Mount performed beautifully, easy alignment (using SharpCap Pro for PA and Explore Stars 2-Star grid alignment), smooth motion, accurate gotos... happy :)
So slewed to M31 and let SharpCap stack a bunch of 30s subs (focus was a little off as I didn't refocus after observing the moon).
Anyway, thought I would post the result. I did some histogram stretching in SharpCap to try to remove sky glow from the clouds/moon and didn't apply any darks, which is actually a neat effect because the hot pixels show you how the mount was tracking without any fine tuning or guiding over 90 minutes with M31 moving across the meridian (just using ExploreStars for this). You can see some bright green, blue, or red streaks from the hot pixels.

Mount: EXOS II PMC8
Scope: AT80 APO with 0.8 reducer
Camera: ASI294MCPro

I'm happy you had a great first experience with your new mount. Your image is very nice,  Thanks for sharing!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

David Shadbolt

How are you polar aligning? I've had problems with it.. rigged a green laser to point through the tunnel, and can only do 30 second exposures.

Tim S

Edited

Pacman and Ghost of Cassiopeia
82x60s
Rokinon 135mm, f/2.8
Olympus EM-10 unmodified, Raw
iEXOs-100, unguided
PixInsight and Photoshop
Dark Sky site near Page, AZ

asanmax@...

Camera: Canon T3i Ha modified
Scope: ES ED80 APO
Mount: iExos-100
Guider scope: 37mm/130mm, AR0130 sensor
Filter: CLS clip-in filter
17 frames 120 sec each at ISO 1600

Jay Sanchez

Rosette Nebula 11/9/19
Canon t2i Ha modded, w/ CLS clip filter, Pentax 300mm prime
iExos100, unguided, 30x150s lights, 30 darks, 30 bias
Bortle 8,  89% moon
APT, Sharpcap (ZWOminiguide scope w/ ZWO224mc), DSS, PS

Bill Black

Wanted to post an updated pic, using darks and guiding this time.

Same set-up:
Mount: EXOS II PMC8
Scope: AT80 APO with 0.8 reducer
Camera: ASI294MCPro

For guiding I used:
SVBONY 50mm guide scope (200mm FL)
ASI385 camera.

This is a stack of 3, 5 minute subs, so 15 minute exposure.
The field is not quite flat, but I'm happy with it.

--

Bill
Location: Dallas, GA

Mounts: EXOS II PMC-Eight, LXD75