Topics

sticky Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Jim McKee

Edited

Horsehead Nebula and Flame Nebula.  20x240 sec. 4 darks.  Guiding was RA 1.4" and DEC was .6".  First shots with ASI071MC Camera

Link to revised photo
--
Scope:        Orion EON 115mm APO
Mounts

Taro

Hi everyone.

Now I'm trying no guiding imaging.
No reason, Just try.
It's seems very beautiful telescope view ,no cables connecting outside scope or mount.

I am not interesting in how long time one shot no guide.
(I know more long exposure time make more good image result.)
I am interesting in how nice images I can get by no guide.

This is Horse head & Fire tree by iEXOS-100 No guiding with FL 360mm Scope
I think  this image is not bad under condition of no guide.

Clear skies!!

Horse Head & Fire Tree.

Place:Backyard East Pattaya Thailand (Bortle Class 6, Moon Phase 12.7%)

Date:2019/Nov/23 02:32

Telescope: WO Zenith Star 61 (61mm F/5.9)

ISO 3200

Expose:90 FramesX15Sec Total 22 Minutes Trimming

Mount:ES iEXOS-100 (No guide)

Camera: Sony Alpha 7Sii (Mod,APS-C Crop)

filter: Optlong L-eNhance

Shot By Taro Seki Astropical.uk

--
Living in  Pattaya Thailand
Scope: Celestron 6SE,WO Z61,WO RedCat51, SVBONY SV48

Wes Mcdonald

Holy holy holy.  What a beauty.  Fantastic.  So deep, so clean, so sharp.  Simply fantastic.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG

Amazing results.  Thanks for sharing.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

asanmax@...

Great image Taro!
Max

Taro

Thank you Max.

But your shots are really especially nice shots.
I like your astronomy images.

Now I am learning to see your pics and shot data.

Clear sky Max!!

--

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 08:15 AM, Jim McKee wrote:
Horsehead Nebula and Flame Nebula.  20x240 sec. 4 darks.  Guiding was RA 1.4" and DEC was .6".  First shots with ASI071MC Camera
Hi Jim,

That is a great image, I love the color.
Great Job!!

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Max <asanmax@...>

Thanks Taro.
Question to all, how do some people upload large images to this forum, I can't seem to find a way of doing this.
Like this one: https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN/message/3836

Vince White

Looking good Jim!

How do you like the ASI071MC?

--
Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2-GT
Scopes: BRESSER 208mm f/3.9 Newt + ES HR Coma Corrector, Celestron C90 Mak, generic 50/191mm guide scope

Jim McKee

Thanks Vince, Jerry and Wes.
Vince, so far, so good with the new Cam.    Will give you a more detailed review offline
--
Scope:        Orion EON 115mm APO
Mounts
:      ES EXOS2-GT w/ PMC-8
Cameras:   ZWO ASI 071MC Pro, Canon 6D Mk 2, Canon 7D2,  EOS 60D Asto Modified
Lens:
          Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II
Misc:          TELRAD, ZWO ASI120MM Guide Camera, Astromania 60mm Guidescope, Senso Sesto Focus Motor
Software:   EXPLORESTARS IOS & WIN, Stellarium. NINA,  APT, DSS, PixInsight, Photoshop CC
Computer:  Dell Latitude E5450, Windows 10

Vince White

I spent about 1.5 hours wet sanding the ID of my DEC ring gear to address the 0.003" out of true I measured and get the DEC axis rotating easily (thanks Bob for the suggestion of looking at the rub areas) and finally PHD2's Guiding Assistant is able to measure backlash!  Last night I wanted to test my guiding and since everybody else seems to be shooting the Horsehead Nebula and Flame Nebula, I thought I would give it a shot in horrible Bortle 9 Houston skies with bonus Christmas lights adding to the mix...

20x 240sec @ ISO1600 lights, 10x darks, 20x flats, 30x bias.  Shooting with the UHC filter and with the 'Blue' channel discarded.
My collimation a touch off and seeing/transparency was poor-to-average, but the good news was that my PHD2 guiding total was just at 1.00" (0.84" RA, 0.55" DEC).  Now I just need to get myself to a darksite...

Regards,
Vince
--
Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2-GT
Scopes: BRESSER 208mm f/3.9 Newt + ES HR Coma Corrector, Celestron C90 Mak, generic 50/191mm guide scope
Cameras:  Canon 5DmkII, Canon EOSm, T7C (ZWO ASI120MC clone)
Misc: 2" Optolong UHC filter, Raspberry PI 4
Software: INDI + Kstars + EKOS, DeepSkyStacker, GIMP, Lightroom

Jim McKee

That looks great Vince.  Interesting result on backlash.  One more thing to look into.  Great guide results
--
Scope:        Orion EON 115mm APO
Mounts
:      ES EXOS2-GT w/ PMC-8
Cameras:   ZWO ASI 071MC Pro, Canon 6D Mk 2, Canon 7D2,  EOS 60D Asto Modified
Lens:
          Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II
Misc:          TELRAD, ZWO ASI120MM Guide Camera, Astromania 60mm Guidescope, Senso Sesto Focus Motor
Software:   EXPLORESTARS IOS & WIN, Stellarium. NINA,  APT, DSS, PixInsight, Photoshop CC
Computer:  Dell Latitude E5450, Windows 10

Nice shot Vince. I love monochrome like that.

Jay Stanley

First pic with the Lunt LS60,  ZWO ASI174MC (Yeah I know, color cams not the best) and EXOS2 mount.
CS,
Jay

Explore Scientific EXOS2
Lunt LS60 single stack

Excellent news :-)

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide

Lloyd Simons

Here is my most recent effort. My guiding RMS error hovered around 1.3-1.4". I set DEC guiding to "north" from "auto" and saw a slight improvement (from about 1.7"). I still need to work on the spacing for my flattener.

M33
November 22, 2019
74-120 second frames (2.5h total integration)
Bortle 4/5
Imaging Scope: AT72EDII F6 Refractor with Orion Field Flattener for Small Refractors
Imaging Camera: Stock Canon 600D (T3i)
Guide Camera: QHY5L-IIM with 100mm CS lens
Mount: iExos-100, Super Polaris tripod
Software: NINA, PixInsight, PHD2, SharpCap 3.2 (PA)

--
Lloyd Simons
Mattawan, MI

Wes Mcdonald

Holy moly.  Would you look at the delicate nebulocity?  The difference between this and the last one you posted is phenomenal.  Wonderful.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Taro

No guide iEXOS-100 2nd try .
This time , I can see north region.
So can get good poler  alignment.
Over 30 seconds can trace point star.

Place:Near SCC East Pattaya Thailand (Bortle Class 3, Moon Phase 8.0%)

Date:2019/Nov/30 03:50

Telescope: WO Zenith Star 61 (61mm F/5.9)
OVL Field flattener
ISO 1600

Expose:30 Frames X 30 Sec Total 15 Minutes.

Mount:ES iEXOS-100 (No guide)

Camera: Sony Alpha 7Sii (Mod,APS-C Crop)

filter: Optlong L-Pro

Shot By Taro Seki

Leo triplet

--
Living in  Pattaya Thailand
Scope: Celestron 6SE,WO Z61,WO RedCat51, SVBONY SV48
CCD: SONY Alfa7Sii,SONY QX1, PENTAX KP,ASI 178MC,ASI 120MC-S
          SAMSUNG SCB2000N
MOUNT: Celestron AVX,Celestorn SE+Wedge,iEXOS-100,SW Star Adventure
FILTER: HA,Oiii,OPTLONG L-PRO,OPTLONG L-eNhance, Etc
SubLens: 2" Flattener, 2" 2XBarlow, 2" F/0.5 Reducer, SCT F/0.63 Reducer
ETC: GPS,StarSence,iPolar

Harry

Taro,

Loved this photo! I have seen all your photos on your Astropical website. What a great selection of images, and I
really like your idea of “No Guiding”.  Your pics are really amazing, and informative.

Harry

--
Harry
Vero Beach, FL

Taro

Edited

Hello Harry

Nice to hear it from you.
Thank you.

I'm Japanese and living in Thailand for 20 years.
As you know here is very low latitude. only 11.56 north.
Polar star is too hard to see, also north region too.

Normally I use PS alignment tool on iPhone for polar alignment.
This is nice tool but not accurate.
So normally no guiding result is 15-20 sec.
But last night I found good field with dark sky and able to see north area.
I could get good polar alignment by iPolar.

Maybe iEXOS-100 can trace star more than 30sec. but my Sony A7S2 can shot max 30sec.
Next time I use remote shutter ans try to do more long no guide taking.

I know that using Auto guide is more easy way.
But I want to know iEXOS-100's real performance.
I believe This EQ mount has good performance.
I want to know how good performance this mount has.
So I start this own project.

This is one of Japanese SAMURAI words (mind).

"If you want to win, you should know all of your weapon."

By the way How about Florida weather now Harry?
Here is dry season now. Yes, our season has come.

Clear skies my mate.

- -