Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Let's Show What These Mounts Can Do. #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Steve Siedentop

Finally processed the M97, M108 image from April.  QHY268C, Explore Scientific ED102CF, Explore Scientific PMC-Eight G-11.  Sixty 120 second images.

Taken from Jon Wood Astronomy Field, Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center near Atlanta, Georgia.

High resolution image:
Messier 97 and Messier 108 (sdtopensied) - Full resolution | AstroBin

-Steve

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40, Celestron C-11

Matt Walshe

Very nice Steve!

--
-Matt

=========
Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2 - Serial
Primary OTA's: GSO 8" f/4 Newt / GSO RC6 / Meade 70mm Quadruplet
Guide OTA's: Orion 50mm / Primaluce 60mm
Cameras: QHY163M / ZWO ASI294MC / QHY5L-II / Canon T3i
Software: Ascom / NINA / Sharpcap / PHD2 / Stellarium / Pixinsight / Photoshop
OS: Dell / Windows 10

BobH

Love the contrast of the two objects in the same field. I flashed on a vision of cosmic-pong (the ancient video game). Not sure I want to meet whoever is controlling that galaxy....
--
Cheers, Bob
(A recently retired CTO, returning to the hobby after a 30 year hiatus...)

Mounts: EXOS-II/PMC-8 (new); SkyWatcher Star Tracker; Meade LXD55; Celestron EQ Fork
Optics: RedCat-51; 1980's Celestron C-11; Meade AR5; Various DSLR lenses
Cameras: ASI071MC & ASI183MC (DSO); ASI178MC (Lunar/Planetary); ASI290MM (guiding); Sony A700 DSLR (desperation)
Misc: Pegasus Pocket Power Adv (power mgmt, USB hub, dew control); ZWO EAF; ZWO 1-Filter Drawer;
PCs: Dell Latitude Laptop, Win10Pro (ASCOM, near-mount control); Pi4b, Linux/Stellarmate (INDI, on-mount control);
         Home-built Workstation, Win10Pro (remote control, processing); Galaxy S6 Tablet
Capture Software: PHD2; SharpCap4 Pro /w ASTAP; NINA; Stellarium; ASCOM 6.5.1; Stellarmate/EKOS/INDI;
Processing SW: PixInsight; Deep Sky Stacker; GIMP; F4W2HDU; Autostakkert; PIPP; RegiStax6
Wish-list: 5-inch class APO; Losmandy/PMC8 G-11; RASA-11?
Favorites: Vast glowing clouds of gas and dust

Great picture Steve. It has very good detail. I tried to capture the same nebula and all I got was a round dot

On May 15, 2022, at 12:16 PM, Steve Siedentop <sdsiedentop@...> wrote:

Finally processed the M97, M108 image from April.  QHY268C, Explore Scientific ED102CF, Explore Scientific PMC-Eight G-11.  Sixty 120 second images.

Taken from Jon Wood Astronomy Field, Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center near Atlanta, Georgia.

High resolution image:
Messier 97 and Messier 108 (sdtopensied) - Full resolution | AstroBin

-Steve

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40, Celestron C-11
Cameras:  CentralDS CDS-600, Orion Starshoot SSAG
Misc: Moonlite Focusers, Astrozap Dew Straps, Pegasus Ultimate PowerBox
Software: PixInsight, Cartes du Ciel, Sequence Generator Pro, SkySafari m97_m108_final - Copy.jpg

--
Carter Sills

Retired due to disability

Ex software programmer/Web Developer/Sql developer and     IT administrator

Astrophotagraphy Tools:

IEXOS 100 PMC-Eight equatorial mount
Orion 80mm Short tube-A Doublet Achromatic scope
ZWO 120MC- S color camera used for guiding
ZWO 178MM/MC color camera used for main camera
ZWO ASI482MC camera used for main camera
TPO 0.5X focal reducer
2 inch extension tube
Orion electronic focuser
Svbony 30mm guide scope
Svbony Dew Heater Strip

Batinov mask
Svbony light pollution filter set
Celestron portable power tank

Software:

Sharpcap and ASI Studio for image capture and stacking
PHD2 for Guiding
Nina and Stellarium for target aquisition and platesolver
Nina Plate Solver programs:
Platesolver 2, ASTAP, All Sky Plate Solver, Astronomy. Net.

Matt Walshe

Here's one of the many pictures taken last night of the Lunar Eclipse using an 8" f/4 Newt and Canon T3i camera. This is only one sub and I'm not sure if stacking will be applicable here due to the dynamics of the eclipse (?) but I may try for a better S/N ratio. In any case, I lucked out with clear skies, fair weather and no major technical difficulties during the eclipse so it was a great time. Hope the majority of you had similar experiences!

--
-Matt

=========
Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2 - Serial
Primary OTA's: GSO 8" f/4 Newt / GSO RC6 / Meade 70mm Quadruplet
Guide OTA's: Orion 50mm / Primaluce 60mm
Cameras: QHY163M / ZWO ASI294MC / QHY5L-II / Canon T3i
Software: Ascom / NINA / Sharpcap / PHD2 / Stellarium / Pixinsight / Photoshop
OS: Dell / Windows 10

BobH

Nice! And you did place your lottery bet yesterday evening? Yes?!

One thing I never noticed before, while watching this time with 10x70 binocs: when it was total, with the less-than-overwhelming brightness, the roughness of the moon's perimeter really stood out. We see that often when its a narrow crescent, and the shadows really stand out. But it almost looked alien to me, seeing that in a full moon. Some part of my perception put it into that uncanny valley, seeming not quite real. Did you get that impression at all?
--
[...]

Edited

Thanks! Yes I do feel that the texture on the perimeter appeared more stark and noticeable in contrast. I always have a tough time telling if what I'm seeing is actual texture in the landscape, or, illusion in distance but I agree, that level of detail is not often seen, if ever, in a full moon.

--
-Matt

=========
Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2 - Serial
Primary OTA's: GSO 8" f/4 Newt / GSO RC6 / Meade 70mm Quadruplet
Guide OTA's: Orion 50mm / Primaluce 60mm
Cameras: QHY163M / ZWO ASI294MC / QHY5L-II / Canon T3i
Software: Ascom / NINA / Sharpcap / PHD2 / Stellarium / Pixinsight / Photoshop
OS: Dell / Windows 10

Ignazio Pillitteri

My attempt at M3, 1650 sec total, a small achromatic 70mm refractor and iexos-100 with indigo drivers

Krystil H

Nice Picture,

Last night I was able to get a few hours on the crescent nebula, super happy with this picture.  Still working through some guiding stability but happy overall with this image.
--
iEXOS-100 PMC8
Celestron C80ED-R

@jerrybx

--
M101 "The Pinwheel Galaxy" Stacked and pre processed with Siril, Background removal Affinity Photo, Post Processing On1.
Jerry

TELESCOPE:  Explore Scientific ED80APO, Celestron Classic C8, Mead 60mm
GUIDING:        SVBony Mini Guide Scope ZWO 120MM-MINI Guide Camera
MOUNT:           IOPtron Skyguider Pro, EXOS2-GT PMC-EIGHT
CAMERA:        Canon EOS77D, Canon Rebel T6, Various kit and prime lenses
SOFTWARE:    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.19043 Build 19043, Explore Stars (Windows10,Android Tablet) Siril, Sequator, Affinity Photo, ON1 Photo Raw, APT, Stellarium, Ascom, Poth, USB>Cat5e Hub, PHD2, Sharpcap, N.I.N.A.,  Astrroberry

BobH

Love it! Why am I channeling Homer Simpson, "Pinwheeeeeeels....."? Such as gem.
--
[...]

Could someone tell me how to attach the smaller thumbnail that when clicked on produces a larger image.
Jerry
--
TELESCOPE:  Explore Scientific ED80APO, Celestron Classic C8, Mead 60mm
GUIDING:        SVBony Mini Guide Scope ZWO 120MM-MINI Guide Camera
MOUNT:           IOPtron Skyguider Pro, EXOS2-GT PMC-EIGHT
CAMERA:        Canon EOS77D, Canon Rebel T6, Various kit and prime lenses
SOFTWARE:    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.19043 Build 19043, Explore Stars (Windows10,Android Tablet) Siril, Sequator, Affinity Photo, ON1 Photo Raw, APT, Stellarium, Ascom, Poth, USB>Cat5e Hub, PHD2, Sharpcap, N.I.N.A.,  Astrroberry

Matt Walshe

Hi Jerry, if the file is saved as .jpeg and uploaded via the 'Add Attachment' option then it should load with the option to enlarge. Pinwheel looks great and appears you have some other targets in the mix as well.

Krystil, awesome Crescent! You mentioned you have a few hours in to that image and it looks like you had some great viewing with the amount of signal you captured. How many hours were used for that image and/or what Bortle sky are you imaging from?

Ignacio, M3 is looking good! I think you mentioned you are not guiding yet, how long are your exposures before trailing?

--
-Matt

=========
Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2 - Serial
Primary OTA's: GSO 8" f/4 Newt / GSO RC6 / Meade 70mm Quadruplet
Guide OTA's: Orion 50mm / Primaluce 60mm
Cameras: QHY163M / ZWO ASI294MC / QHY5L-II / Canon T3i
Software: Ascom / NINA / Sharpcap / PHD2 / Stellarium / Pixinsight / Photoshop
OS: Dell / Windows 10

Ignazio Pillitteri

Thanks Matt
With 500 mm of focal length I starts to see trails after <=10 seconds, for M3 I used many 6 sec exposures. Last night I successfully used a guide scope to get about 1minute exposure without evident trails. I will post the pictures later
--
ES Iexos-100

Ignazio Pillitteri

this is my version of M51, 60x60sec exposures, iexos-100 mount guided via svbony sv136+sv305 camera combo with indigo imager.
Crop of the central part. scope SW 70/500, acquired with a Canon 500d (at ISO 1600), stacked with Siril

M101 - The Pinwheel Galaxy

Been a while since I've posted an image. I blame the weather. :-)

This is a crop from a larger image.  A mix of 60s, 90s, and 120s exposures over 4 sessions totalling 7.7hrs of data.  This target could use more, but that's all it's going to get.  Lights, Flats and Bias.  Modded Nikon D5300, short exposures because all I was using was a UVIR filter.  SW 130PDS with MPCC coma corrector.  Stacked with APP, processed with StarTools.

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2, Serial
Scopes: SW 130P-DS, SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide

Harry

Bob, just beautiful!
--
Harry

Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight, ST3 Tripod
Scopes: C6 SCT,  ES  ED80CF, ES AR102,  Meade ETX 90 EC (Deforked)
Guide: ZWO 30mm Mini, ZWO ASI120MM-Mini
Software: ASIair Plus, iPad Pro, MacOS, Affinity Photo, SkySafari Plus
Cameras: ZWO 533MC Pro, Nikon D5500 (UV/IR Mod), D600
Misc: Rokinon 135mm F2 Lens, ES USB Power Bank
Filters:  Optolong L-Pro, L-eNhance

BobH

Nice. That beauty is on my bucket-list, but a little tough at 250mm FL!
--
[...]

Dave Cherry

Nice Bob!.
I took the liberty of trying some noise reduction on it,  hope you didn't mind.
you're image copes with it well I think.

Dave C.

--
Scopes: Sky Watcher 200PDS Newtonian/coma corrector/luminous 2.5X Barlow, Sky Watcher 72ED/Field Flattener
Mount: Explore Scientific PMC8 EXOS 2

Thanks!   Yes, it was a bit noisy. :-)
You used PI, or something else for that?

On Wed, May 18, 2022, at 14:55, Dave Cherry wrote:
Nice Bob!.
I took the liberty of trying some noise reduction on it,  hope you didn't mind.
you're image copes with it well I think.

Dave C.

--
Scopes: Sky Watcher 200PDS Newtonian/coma corrector/luminous 2.5X Barlow, Sky Watcher 72ED/Field Flattener
Mount: Explore Scientific PMC8 EXOS 2
Cameras: ASI 294MCPRO Cooled 1 shot colour, Altair guide cam + Sky Watcher EVOGUIDE 50mm Guide Guide Scope
Capture Software: SharpCap Pro ,PH2 guiding, Stellaruim (Running on an I3 Mini PC)
Processing Software: Pix Insight, Dark Table, Gimp

Attachments:
  • M101-20220518_crop_39370_-Noise reduction.jpg