Can not connect to IEXOS 100 via WiFi nor USB cable


Kiyoshi Kasai
 

Hi everyone,

I use iexos 100 since two years and am satisfied to observe variable stars with this mount.
I have controlled the mount via WiFi with my iPad without problem.

Recently I wanted to connect PC (windows 10) with mount via USB cable, and used "PMC-eight switcher" to change the setting from WiFi to wired connection. But it didn't work and the connection via USB failed.
PMC8 showed always "no active port!"
I tried several times with different COM port but without success.

After these trial I cannot come back to WiFi connection now, iPad can find the WiFi network "PMC-Eight-XXXX" but can not control the mount!

I have tried also with "PMC8 configuration manager" but can not change the situation.
It finds no active port and no connection via WiFi.

I read, that the USB cable must be of good quality. I think, my HI-SPEED USB cable from ELECOM is fairly good with 28AWG/1P and 28AWG/2C.

How can I find a way to connect with mount?

I would be very thankful and happy, if anyone could help me!

Kiyoshi


Wes Mcdonald
 

Kitoshi 

Load a usb to serial driver in your pc.  Suggest you get the one that can be found on the parallax web site. 

After installing the driver the comm port will show up. This might help you 

You should use the configuration manager thst can be downloaded from the Explore Scientific web site to make sure the iexos is in udp mode which is required for WiFi.   

My guess is you did manage to get the unit into serial mode so that it is now ignoring the WiFi channel.  

Have you loaded the newest firmware?   I assume not.

Wes



On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 2:04 PM Kiyoshi Kasai <kiyoshikasai@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I use iexos 100 since two years and am satisfied to observe variable
stars with this mount.
I have controlled the mount via WiFi with my iPad without problem.

Recently I wanted to connect PC (windows 10) with mount via USB cable,
and used "PMC-eight switcher" to change the setting from WiFi to wired
connection. But it didn't work and the connection via USB failed.
PMC8 showed always "no active port!"
I tried several times with different COM port but without success.

After these trial I cannot come back to WiFi connection now, iPad can
find the WiFi network "PMC-Eight-XXXX" but can not control the mount!

I have tried also with "PMC8 configuration manager" but can not change
the situation.
It finds no active port and no connection via WiFi.

I read, that the USB cable must be of good quality. I think, my HI-SPEED
USB cable from ELECOM is fairly good with 28AWG/1P and 28AWG/2C.

How can I find a way to connect with mount?

I would be very thankful and happy, if anyone could help me!

Kiyoshi






--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired


Kiyoshi Kasai
 

Wes

thank you very much for your help!
I have downloaded serial driver to my pc. Then after the usb connection PMC8 program showed, that the com3 was active.
With PMC8 I could activate wifi connection!
I can try to load the newest firmware now!

Marvelous!
Cheers,

Kiyoshi


On 15.09.2021 20:10, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
Kitoshi 

Load a usb to serial driver in your pc.  Suggest you get the one that can be found on the parallax web site. 

After installing the driver the comm port will show up. This might help you 

You should use the configuration manager thst can be downloaded from the Explore Scientific web site to make sure the iexos is in udp mode which is required for WiFi.   

My guess is you did manage to get the unit into serial mode so that it is now ignoring the WiFi channel.  

Have you loaded the newest firmware?   I assume not.

Wes



On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 2:04 PM Kiyoshi Kasai <kiyoshikasai@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I use iexos 100 since two years and am satisfied to observe variable
stars with this mount.
I have controlled the mount via WiFi with my iPad without problem.

Recently I wanted to connect PC (windows 10) with mount via USB cable,
and used "PMC-eight switcher" to change the setting from WiFi to wired
connection. But it didn't work and the connection via USB failed.
PMC8 showed always "no active port!"
I tried several times with different COM port but without success.

After these trial I cannot come back to WiFi connection now, iPad can
find the WiFi network "PMC-Eight-XXXX" but can not control the mount!

I have tried also with "PMC8 configuration manager" but can not change
the situation.
It finds no active port and no connection via WiFi.

I read, that the USB cable must be of good quality. I think, my HI-SPEED
USB cable from ELECOM is fairly good with 28AWG/1P and 28AWG/2C.

How can I find a way to connect with mount?

I would be very thankful and happy, if anyone could help me!

Kiyoshi






--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired


Matt W
 

I'll offer my thanks to Wes as well! I had a critical laptop failure during an imaging run last week and have been trying to reconfigure a backup laptop running Windows 10 x32 for the last few days but ran into trouble with connectivity. My PMCEight is running the previous FW and set for a Serial link. I was confident it was a problem with the drivers, or, an unlikely cable failure on top of the laptop failure but the couple usb-serial drivers I've tried installing (Prolific I think?) were all resulting in no change to communication on the COM port. I was definitely glad to see your link this afternoon so I could test myself and once installed the COM port came right up and I was able to connect to Device Hub without issue. Great timing and very relieved after a couple days of frustration, lol. 

Thanks again!
--
-Matt

=========
Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2 - Serial
Primary OTA's: GSO 8" f/4 Newt / GSO RC6 / Meade 70mm Quadruplet 
Guide OTA's: Orion 50mm / Primaluce 60mm 
Cameras: ZWO ASI294MC / Canon T3i 
Software: Ascom / NINA / Sharpcap / PHD2 / DSS / Photoshop 
OS: Dell / Windows 10


Wes Mcdonald
 

Great kioshie and Matt.  Great example of why people need to monitor this forum.  Lots of info flying around!



--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired


Wes Mcdonald
 

Kiyoshi 

Remember to configure your new firmware load using the pmc8 firmware configuration tool included in the install pack.  Take a look at the pdf document also before you get started.  It has all the info you need to get it going and don’t forget to load up ascom and the new ascom driver. 

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired


Kiyoshi Kasai
 

Wes

Thank you very much for your help!
I could install new firmware, configure it, install new ascom driver.
Now I have just tried to control ESEXOS-100 remotely via ASCOM successfully!
I am very happy and satisfied deeply!
Your help is great!

Cheers
Kiyoshi

On 16.09.2021 01:33, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
Kiyoshi 

Remember to configure your new firmware load using the pmc8 firmware configuration tool included in the install pack.  Take a look at the pdf document also before you get started.  It has all the info you need to get it going and don’t forget to load up ascom and the new ascom driver. 

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired


Wes Mcdonald
 

Kiyoshi

Great!  Glad you are up and going!
Wes


--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired