Topics

Configuration Manager lockout #iEXOS-100 #ConfigManager

Roger Laine

Hi Wise Heads of the Group

I am new to an iEXOS-100, and I do not currently have a serial cable, although I have ordered one.

I ‘messed about’ in Configuration Manager trying to establish an ASCOM 6.5 link to the mount without realising that POTH is still required.

The result is that all of my ‘switch’ options are now greyed out in CM, and although the PC is on the PMC-Eight network, I have no connection.  I guess I must have set the connection to ‘serial’.  Is there any way out of this bind without a cable?

Regards
--
Roger, Atherstone, England, UK
Mount: ES iEXOS-100, Celestron NexStar SLT OTA: Celestron 127/1500 Mak , Svbony 60mm Guide scope

Yorksman

Similar thing happened to me, although i did have a cable connected, I couldn't get back to wifi.

Connect your PMC8 to your PC or Laptop via wifi. In CM, under connection settings leave it as G11, delete whatever it says in the field Com Port and type in COM3, this being the most usual. Then press refresh. This is important. Then, under How Do You Want to Connect, press Find Current Connection. It should come up with current connection unknown but the other connection buttons should now not be greyed out.

Roger Laine

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 08:19 AM, Yorksman wrote:

Similar thing happened to me, although i did have a cable connected, I couldn't get back to wifi.

Connect your PMC8 to your PC or Laptop via wifi. In CM, under connection settings leave it as G11, delete whatever it says in the field Com Port and type in COM3, this being the most usual. Then press refresh. This is important. Then, under How Do You Want to Connect, press Find Current Connection. It should come up with current connection unknown but the other connection buttons should now not be greyed out.

Thanks for the tips Yorksman: it did not work for me, so I will wait for the cable: it should arrive in the next day or two.

My fault, as an ex-software consultant I have to ‘stress-test everything!!

--
Roger, Atherstone, England, UK
Mount: ES iEXOS-100, Celestron NexStar SLT OTA: Celestron 127/1500 Mak , Svbony 60mm Guide scope
Camera: Svbony Sv305, Sv205

Roger Laine

To close this off, the serial cable arrived today, and Configuration Manager immediately recognised the connection on COM4 all is well.

I can see some scope here for clear documentation, with all of the changes in Configuration Manager and ASCOM and so on.