Topics

Connecting EXOS 2 PMC 8 to ASIair Pro #EXOS2 #TECHNICAL

Hi,

I emailed Bresser with this question earlier but they didn't know the answer & directed to ask here.
Although I should have checked before I bought it      (I can still get a refund as I only have it on pre order) I was looking at ways to control my whole Astrophotography set up with my ES EXOS II PMC 8 mount and the ASIair Pro control box seemed perfect.
But when I looked into how they both connect to each other & after countless searches on line all I could find was that I'd need a cable with an FTDI Chipset but that the chipset would need to be reprogrammed.

Unfortunately I'm not particularly technically minded & havnt a clue what an FTDI chipset is never mind how to reprogramme one.
I'd be very grateful if someone has any info on this or can at least point me in the right direction.
Better still would be an idiots guide to connecting them both 😬

Regards

Steve

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

It's super simple and i can walk you through it no biggie. send me a email at Tyler@...

Dino Monaco

Hey Tyler.

Pleas send me a procedure for linking the PMC8 & asiair .
This would make my life a whole lot easier.

Thanks

Dino

--
Dino Monaco

Dino Monaco

Steve

It was confusing at first for me as well. But the tech help at Explore Scientific pointed me in the right direction.
True you will need a DB9-USB w the FTDI chip set. I found them on Amazon. Theyre  Cheap.
Then we need to download the programs from their website.
If you go to the group.io and do a search for Asiar & PMC8 someone wrote a beautiful procedure.
I’m still waiting for my exes 2 because it’s backordered.
But for now contact tech support at Explorescientific.
Try emailing Tyler@explorescientific. He will help you.
 Dino

On Jan 4, 2021, at 12:13 PM, Dino Monaco <dinomonaco@...> wrote:

Hey Tyler.

Pleas send me a procedure for linking the PMC8 & asiair .
This would make my life a whole lot easier.

Thanks.com

Dino

On Jan 4, 2021, at 11:13 AM, Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service <Tbowman@...> wrote:

It's super simple and i can walk you through it no biggie. send me a email at Tyler@...

--
Dino Monaco

Steve Siedentop

Hi Steve -

This is a good place to start.

https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN/files/User%20Contributions/iExos%20and%20AsiAir%20-%20Getting%20Started%20Guide%20-%20Aug%2021,%202020.pdf

-Steve
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40