Topics

Error with connecting Exos 2 to Ascom #ASCOM

nico bers

Hi everyone,
I’ve been having a recurring error pop up on my screen when I try to connect the mount to ascom. The error is called “ TIMED OUT WAITING FOR RECEIVED DATA” and I am attaching an image with more specifics. I don’t know what to do, any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Nico,

That looks familiar...  If you keep clicking, does it eventually connect?

Some of us find that it takes three clicks to connect the scope to ASCOM.  No idea why, and it doesn't seem to affect everyone.  I do find that it's not entirely consistent - if I'm reconnecting after disconnecting, I *may* get it in one.

I am suspicious that it has something to do with the USB-to-Serial driver's readiness, but that's just wild speculation on my part.

FWIW...

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide

charles mckowen

I get that message as well at first then then it connects on the second click

On Jan 5, 2020, at 5:21 PM, Robert Hoskin <devonshire@...> wrote:

Nico,

That looks familiar...  If you keep clicking, does it eventually connect?

Some of us find that it takes three clicks to connect the scope to ASCOM.  No idea why, and it doesn't seem to affect everyone.  I do find that it's not entirely consistent - if I'm reconnecting after disconnecting, I *may* get it in one.

I am suspicious that it has something to do with the USB-to-Serial driver's readiness, but that's just wild speculation on my part.

FWIW...

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide
Cameras:  Nikon D5300, Altair GPCAM2-IMX224C
Computer:  Thinkpad x230, Win7Pro/64

--
Chuck McKowen
Bortle 3 Mangham/Monroe, La

WO Z61, ES ED 102, AstroTech 6 Rc,
Celestron onyx 80 edf
Zwo 60mm/ Asi120mc-s
Astromania 60mm/ sgcmos
Exos II Pmc8/ Ioptron Smarteq++
Canon eos rebel t5 modified
Canon Eos Ra
Poth - APT, Stellarium, Stellarium scope, and PHD2

nico bers

I’ll try clicking multiple times

Thanks
Nico

On Jan 5, 2020, at 6:22 PM, charles mckowen <Cmckow91@...> wrote:

[...]

So I tried this and it still doesn’t work and it says the error is that the “scope driver not capable of providing Equatorial or Alt/Az coordinates”
Any ideas?

On Jan 5, 2020, at 6:28 PM, nico bers via Groups.Io <nico101004@...> wrote:

[...]

Kevin

Use the PMC8 config tool to configure it for serial and not wireless. I got the same message but this solved it.

Clear Night Space Trucking
Kevin. 😊🌎🌃🌅🛰🌜🌠📷🔭🔮
Lyrics-
Video-

[...]

I’m trying but it says “could not automatically find the com port for the PMC-8. Please make sure it is connected.

From
Nico Bers

On Jan 5, 2020, at 8:46 PM, Kevin <Send2Kevin@...> wrote:

[...]

Edited

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 05:56 PM, nico bers wrote:
If you are in wireless mode now you must be connected to wireless PMC-Eight network and your serial cable attached. Click the Find Connection, when Found, click on the Set to Serial in selections at right. When you've done that, pull the power on the PMC8 and cold reboot it with power up 10 seconds later. Should be in serial mode now and you can ignore the network. If PMC8 ASCOM drivers are installed you should see that as a selection, it looks like you've done that though from the scree-shot.

PS. I'll also add your serial drivers need to be installed for your DB9->USB cable. I like to use the manufacturer's disk. Windows works often with auto discovery, but this is a better way to ensure it is not a driver issue. You might need to unistall your COM device, install the driver, then reconnect the cable and let windows do it's thing.

Kevin

nico bers

Ok I’ll give that a try but if I look at the info in device manager it says the driver is up to date and it’s working perfectly so I don’t know