Topics

ES G11-PMC-Eight problems for autoguiding with PHD2

gaetanthibault@...

Being new to this group, I am not sure if this is the right forum for my topic. Just let me know to where I should then post my questions.

I just bought a new ES G11 - PMC-Eight mount for Xmas. I was successful with PA (PoleMaster) and with ExploreStar 2 or 3 star alignment. The mount is tracking so far. It is not a ES G11 motor gear belt problem. But, as reported by Sunil, I was not able to perform autoguiding using PHD2. I am unable to guide at all. Also, I had a feeling that it was due to the latest windows update but was able to also rule that out.

With PHD2, I performed the Star-Cross Test with manual guiding. The result is that the mount respond to only one direction RA west. I do not hear any sounds coming from the gear box when I tried Dec or RA East commands.  For what I understand so far, it is not PHD2 problem but a PMC-Eight problem of not being able to cope with the guide pulses sent by PHD2. My readings led me to conclude that it may be the inability of PMC-Eight to accept pulse rates faster than 200Hz and that perhaps a new firmware version was in order to fix this issue.

My first question: Are there only Sunil (cyclops12321@...) and myself having this guiding problem?

Second question: Do I have the latest firmware for my PMC-Eight? (How do I check that?)

Gaetan

---In ESPMC-Eight@..., <cyclops12321@...> wrote :

Last year had a horrible  experience with the ES G11 mount & they were kind enough to replace it for me and give me a new mount that worked perfectly fine. Now I have run into some new issues : guide pulses are not being received by the mount at all. Tried with Lodestar X2 camera & qhy camera ( Made sure the relevant eeprom files were loaded for each). Changed laptops and still the problem persists. I am unable to guide at all. Had a feeling that it was due to the latest windows update but was able to rule that out. Is anyone else having these issues?

P.S : I am not getting any updates from Jerry & ES . Even opened a thread in the CN forum but no help is coming. Seriously thinking about giving up on the mount now.

Sunil

David Pickett

At 19:12 04-02-18, gaetanthibault@... [ESPMC-Eight] wrote:

I just bought a new ES G11 - PMC-Eight mount for Xmas. I was successful with PA (PoleMaster) and with ExploreStar 2 or 3 star alignment. The mount is tracking so far. It is not a ES G11 motor gear belt problem. But, as reported by Sunil, I was not able to perform autoguiding using PHD2. I am unable to guide at all. Also, I had a feeling that it was due to the latest windows update but was able to also rule that out.
Just for the record, the Gll does not have a belt.

My first question: Are there only Sunil (cyclops12321@...) and myself having this guiding problem?
We never heard back here from Jerry or Sunil as to whether Sunil's PHD2 problem had been sorted out.

David