EXOS2-GT Mount auto meridian flip #astrophotography

When I start the EXOS2-GT mount I typically have the align arrows for both the Dec and RA.
This has been given be problems when photographing Jupiter and Saturn as there is a very short time before the Dec control cover hits the RA control cover and the mount needs to be stopped and a meridian flip is done better if they didn't hit. When I first got the mount I was placing the dec control box on the other side of the mount and not aligning the arrow.  I do not have any view to the east tell 44 degrees above the horizon. If I'm using plate solve and always start with weights down and scope point towards Polaris does anyone see this to be a problem. With the control box on the other side, it appears I can let the mount continue 5-7minutes or more past the meridian before I need to flip it to the other side. Just look to see if others see a problem with this that I'm not seeing.
Micheal

Jennifer Shelly

Michael:

I have noticed the same same thing with the Exos-2 and there is nothing wrong with what you are doing.  I have done the same thing in the past.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2, ES PMC-8 iEXOS-100
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, Askar FRA400, Askar FRA600, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C, QHY183M
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance / L-Extreme, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD, Primaluce Lab Sesto Senso 2, QHY CFW3-S, Optolong 1.25” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro

Jennifer

   Thanks for the feed back. I moved it around by hand and didn't see any problem but wasn't sure if I was creating other problems.

Thanks Jennifer and clear skies

Micheal