Exos2 GT not responding via serial #EXOS2 #ConfigManager #pmc-eight

Michael

Good day Everyone,

I am reading in this forum already a long time, as I own an Exos 2GT PMC8 since 1 year.
I recently started using the telescope via Kstars/Ekos on a Raspberry Pi4 (Stellarmate OS), which worked fine until yesterday.
Since yesterday EKOS does not connect to the Mount anymore. I already tried on Windows via ASCOM and also different Serial/USB cables without any change.

If I start ASCOM diagnostics tool and select the EXOS2GT, the following output appears:

Create              Creating device
Connected           Connecting to device
Error               System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040402): Timed out waiting for received data
   bei ASCOM.Utilities.Serial.ReceiveTerminated(String Terminator) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.Utilities\ASCOM.Utilities\Serial.vb:Zeile 1204.
   bei ASCOM.ES_PMC8.Telescope.CommandString(String Command, Boolean Raw)
   bei ASCOM.ES_PMC8.Telescope.GetRAMotorPosition()
   bei ASCOM.ES_PMC8.Telescope.set_Connected(Boolean value)
   bei CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Boolean )
   bei System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2[T0,T1,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
   bei ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:Zeile 268.
Dispose             Disposing of device
Dispose             Completed disposal
ReleaseComObject    Releasing COM instance
GC Collect          Starting garbage collection
GC Collect          Completed garbage collection

so as far as I understand, there is something wrong with the RA output.
Any advise would be much appreciated.

BTW: I tried via WIFI Explore Stars on my iPad yesterday and it seems to work. I also tried to flash the firmware via the PMC8 configuration tool, but without success. The error message there is: No Propeller chip found on any serial port.

Thank you very much

Michael

Sebastian

Which Ascom driver do you use (6.5 SP1)?
Did you check the com port in the Win device manager ?
there’s is also an issue with some Win updates/builds. check this info at the top of the Page

https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/software-and-downloads-for-pmc-eight-system

m4ttnova .

A couple of questions did you reprogramme your ftdi cable. Another thing you could try is resetting the pmc8 unit. I too use stellarmate and I spent about 2 hours the other night to get it working again

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021, 17:34 Sebastian, <jakob.sebastian@...> wrote:

Which Ascom driver do you use (6.5 SP1)?
Did you check the com port in the Win device manager ?
there’s is also an issue with some Win updates/builds. check this info at the top of the Page

https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/software-and-downloads-for-pmc-eight-system

Michael

Hi Gents,

thanks for the quick responses.
first things first, it works again. I dont know why, but at least the connection is on again and i can control my mount again.

to your questions: Yes I reprogrammed the FTDI cable and it was working until 2 daYs ago. I did that several times today again, also with different cabels without any changes. Out of any reason at some point the error messages were gone and the mount slewed like ever before 🤷🏻😀.
i am using Ascom 6.5 SP1

thanks for your replys and i hope i get more active here in the future.

best regards
Michael