Topics

EXOS2-GT with PMC-Eight - PHD2 RA Calibration Failed: star did not move enough

Keith Krayanek

It was finally clear out this last Saturday, I set up my EXOS2-GT with PMC-Eight, guide scope: Orion 50mm Mini, Guide Camera: ZWO ASI120MC.

I have used this before with good results, but I kept on getting in PHD2 an error on calibration that said, "RA Calibration Failed: star did not move enough"

I did a star cross test in PHDS, and I got a movement in every direction, but no cross.  I have attached that picture.

I also attached the PHD2 Guidelog showing the RA Calibration Failed: star did not move enough message.

I did go and remove the ST-4 wire and plug it in again several times.  No luck.

Has anyone seen this error before?

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi greenkey75, ( assume you have a real name),

Based on your message, I assume that you have been successful in using this camera before as a guide camera connected to the PMC-Eight on your EXOS 2 mount. I also assume that your previous PHD2 calibrations have been successful and have worked for you in taking images.

Can I assume that you performed a fairly decent physical polar alignment before trying to do an auto-guider calibration?  Also, are you using the ASCOM driver via wireless or via the serial port?

I didn't see the picture you attached, can you attach it again.

Thanks

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.