Topics

EXOS2 motor housing screw size? #EXOS2

Kent/Alex,

While I was adjusting my mount, one of the little Phillips-head motor housing screws flew away and escaped to the land of unmatched socks.  No idea where the darn thing went.  :-(

Could you please post the screw spec?  I can get by with three for now, but I should replace the lost one.

Thanks!

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide

Kent Marts Explore Scientific Customer Service

is this a screw from the exterior of the plastic motor housing, or the Phillips that attaches the motor to the mounting plate inside the black plastic housing?

Kent

Kent Marts Explore Scientific Customer Service

Alex dug up the specifics for both screws.

Motor to housing screw = Stainless Steel Pan Head Phillips Screws M2.5 x 0.45mm Thread, 25mm Long

Plastic motor housing = Phillips Pan Head Screws 18-8 Stainless Steel, Number 2 Size, 3/8" Long

Kent

Chris Tardif

...wondering if a complete schematic is available if it's not too confidential....assuming it exists :)

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 10:29 AM, Kent Marts Explore Scientific Customer Service wrote:
Plastic motor housing = Phillips Pan Head Screws 18-8 Stainless Steel, Number 2 Size, 3/8" Long
That's it - Thank you both!

--

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 10:31 AM, Chris Tardif wrote:
...wondering if a complete schematic is available if it's not too confidential....assuming it exists :)
Hi Chris,

it exists.... I created it, along with the assembly layout, and firmware, so I should know... LOL!  Currently the schematic is proprietary information, although anyone with enough knowledge would understand that today's microcontroller based systems are very generic in their hardware design. The main hardware design features that support the application are more important than the generic microcontroller circuit. Regardless of the hardware design, the real secret sauce for any modern microcontroller system is the firmware source code.

I am curious, what question do you have where you need the details in the PMC-Eight schematic?  I have shared a couple of portions of the hardware schematic, so what are you interested in knowing, perhaps I can provide the answer for you.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Chris Tardif

Thanks Jerry....nothing specific.  I had to take  my motor assembly off and replace the screws due to a self inflicted wound and it seems many others have also had questions that could be answered with a user oriented schematic.  Kent has graciously answered many questions that a detailed diagram might have.  Just a thought....thanks for your attention.

Chris

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific IEXOS-100 w Celestron CG5 tripod, iOptron CEM 40
Scopes: Explore Scientific FCD-100 ED-102CF, Various Canon lenses, ZWO mini-guidescope, StarField 60mm guide-scope.
CameraASI120MM Mini (mono), Altair GPCAM 130
Control PC: Intel NUC
Loc: 44 -79

Hi Chris,

I am showing my electrical engineering bias, when you said schematic, I thought you meant electrical, not mechanical, LOL. I do have a mechanical drawing of the iEXOS 100, but not of the EXOS 2. I can probably get one from Alex and post it.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data