Topics

#EXOS2 PMC Control Box makes rattling noises - Crazy? #EXOS2

Ersin

Hello I´m Ersin from Germany and i bought a pre-owned comet hunter and the exos2 pmc mount. After getting the system run (probs with android and missing sqllite/data) i´m pretty happy but the rattling noise coming out of the controller makes me a little bit nervous. It sounds like a relay which is switching high frequently - any suggestions, firmware update?

Thank you for kind help and best regards from Germany
Ersin

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 08:06 AM, Ersin wrote:
It sounds like a relay which is switching high frequently - any suggestions, firmware update?
Hi Ersin,

I am sorry you are having this issue. The controller should not be making any noise at all as you noted.
Please contact Explore Scientific Germany at

https://www.explorescientific.de/kontakt/

They should be able to help you with checking out the PMC-Eight.  Do you know how old it is? Do you know if the previous owner
registered the system with us? Did they tell you about any problems with the mount prior to you buying it?

Thanks, I am sure you will be taken care of.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Ersin

Thank you for kind and prompt reply Jerry.

According to the previous owner the "set" is from 2019 an he did not mentioned any issues with the mount. Maybe your colleagues in Germany are able to identify the mount with the serial number.

Again thank you for your help.

Best regards
Ersin Gueler