Topics

Exos 2 question for ASCOM connection error

nico bers

Hi
i keep getting the same error when I try to connect my Exos 2 to ASCOM 
please help!! Image of the error is attached, I don’t know what it means!?

Ryan Martin

I think something else might be using the COM3 port (is that the serial port the telescope is connected to?) Close any other applications that might be connected to the telescope and then try it again.

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of nico bers <nico101004@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 9:19:01 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: [ESPMC-Eight] Exos 2 question for ASCOM connection error

Hi
i keep getting the same error when I try to connect my Exos 2 to ASCOM 
please help!! Image of the error is attached, I don’t know what it means!?

nico bers

Maybe...  com 3 is the port on the pmc eight that is connected to the laptop. Anyone have a picture of which ports they use for what  ra dec ASCOM...?

Ryan Martin

Are you running any other astronomy related programs or anything else that may be using COM3?

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io> on behalf of nico bers <nico101004@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 9:30:27 PM
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io <MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Exos 2 question for ASCOM connection error

Maybe...  com 3 is the port on the pmc eight that is connected to the laptop. Anyone have a picture of which ports they use for what  ra dec ASCOM...?

nico bers

I tried connecting with stellarium but it wasn’t able to connect so maybe I’ll try getting rid of that until ASCOM is connected. I’ll try it tomorrow and let you know if it works 

thanks 

Ryan Martin

If you're using Stellarium, make sure that you are using POTHHUB as the telescope in Stellarium, and then from POTHHUB settings panel, select iEXOS-100 as your telescope within POTHHUB.

nico bers

Ok thanks