Exos 2gt with PMC instructions for a newbie

Ram Bache

I received the EXOS2 mount yesterday with PMC 8. I am very impressed by the build. I am looking for clear instructions on how to balance the mount. Either written with pictures or a YouTube video. The manual I got is not clear. Since I am a newbie and I don’t want to ruin the mount by not doing it right I am looking for help
please can you point me in the right direction
ram

Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service

Here is a very informative video on how to balance a German equatorial mount.

https://youtu.be/rNT93cvHAvA

--

1458310636860_logo.png

Tyler Bowman - Customer Service

Office   +1(866) 252-3811 Ext: 516

Fax        +1(479) 717-2898

Ram,

Section 4 may help you:

https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN/files/User%20Contributions/EXOS2PMC8_TuningNotes_v2.pdf

- Bob

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2, Serial
Scopes: SW 130P-DS, SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide

Frank Rich

Hello Ram
Welcome to the group. I too am just past a newbie, but still learning
Balancing a mount is not specific to ExosII. There are plenty of videos on YouTube
I set the mount on a firm location then using a level I check each axis at the legs for level. Make sure one leg with the little black tab faces North
Then I set the unit and secure. Before installing the scope put your counterweights on make sure clutches are locked first
Now to balance I realease the clutch that allows the scope to fall horizontal to grade hold the scope while doing this. I the using the counterweights balance the scope so it stays horizontal on both sides
Now with the scope horizontal clutches locked release the clutch that will make the scope fall forward or backwards. To balance this you will need the scope forward or back along the vixen mount. Be careful till balanced hold the scope.  You should now be balanced, oh by the way install all your gear on the mount before balancing
Next step is to polar align. I suggest polemaster or sharpcap these are on YouTube

Hope this helps
Frank Rich
To much equipment to list lol

Ram Bache

Thank you. This is putting me on the right path

I will keep you posted on my progress
Ram

On Oct 3, 2021, at 09:48, Frank Rich <Frich1230@...> wrote:

[...]

Robert
I thank you very much. I never found this document. Thank you for sending the same
Regards
Ram