EXOSII Setting Circles

Frank Rich

Hello All & Happy Thanksgiving

So I have got my PMC8 working properly, and was playing with the setting circles to manually Go To an object (maybe I can use this to do a Star Alignment?)
Anyway watching some YouTube videos it seems that you need to lock down the RA circle after setting the Home position
I have found that when I do this the scale on the circle does not move.
Am I correct in that the circle is not to be locked down or am I missing something

Thanks for the replies
Frank R

Wes Mcdonald

Frank

In my view the setting circles are not useful.   Too small.  I wouldn’t bother

EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100, ESG11
ES ED 127+MoonLite Focuser, 10" LX200GPS+ MoonLite focuser+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified, ASI071 cooled OSC, ASI MM290 guide camera

Frank Rich

Kk
Just wanted to learn how they work
Very happy with explore stars