Topics

Explore Stars Android App

Steve Siedentop

A couple of questions on the Explore Stars Android App...

1)  For Jerry:  Any thoughts on supported versions of the Android OS?  The most current version in production, I believe, is Oreo.  However, Google still supports Marshmallow from 2015.  This will be an important consideration when choosing an Android tablet.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

2) For those using the Android app, I know the app isn't available in the Play store yet, but what devices (brand/model) are you using successfully at this point in time?

G-11 is en route and should be in Georgia by Tuesday.  My apologies in advance for the coming monsoons.

-Steve

CYRIL BONNETT

Steve
I have it running on my Sony  Xpreria tablet which dates from 2013, runs fine.

There were a few glitches but Jerry and his team have sorted them and it’s running fine.

Cyril

A couple of questions on the Explore Stars Android App...

1)  For Jerry:  Any thoughts on supported versions of the Android OS?  The most current version in production, I believe, is Oreo.  However, Google still supports Marshmallow from 2015.  This will be an important consideration when choosing an Android tablet.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

2) For those using the Android app, I know the app isn't available in the Play store yet, but what devices (brand/model) are you using successfully at this point in time?

G-11 is en route and should be in Georgia by Tuesday.  My apologies in advance for the coming monsoons.

-Steve

r_hoskin@...

Steve,

Here's a link to a post of Jerry's that may help with some of your questions:

- Bob

hubbell_jerry@...

Hi Steve!

Greg told me that you are going to NEAF, I look forward to meeting you there next week.

Thanks Bob for forwarding that link. Yes, if you can run KitKat or later, then it should be good.

Thanks

Jerry Hubbell
Director Electrical Engineering
Explore Scientific, LLC.

Steve Siedentop

Hi Jerry -

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well!  I'm going to do my best to persuade you to come down to Georgia and talk to Charlie Elliott Astronomy about your experiences developing the PMC 8 system.

-Steve