Topics

Explorestars App

Jay Stanley

Just updated at Google Play but app says running ES Version 1.3.19218.454, OB Version 2.3 FW 1.0. GP says the new app version is 1.7. What's up with that??
Thanks,
Jay

Wes Mcdonald

Jay

2.3 is correct for the Android.  What is GP?
  For that matter what is OB?

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 04:21 PM, Jay Stanley wrote:
GP says the new app version is 1.7. What's up with that??
Thanks,
I think that Dan sets the GP version based on the system he created at the beginning when uploading it to the store. I think that may mean that this is the 7th uploaded version since the initial version 1.0 uploaded to GP. The actual build version numbers that you see on the About page is not really related to that number.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

shredderf16

Jerry,
The Amazon App store only has the older version. It shows the one released in April.
Thanks,
Jerry Barth

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 05:37 PM, shredderf16 wrote:
The Amazon App store only has the older version. It shows the one released in April.
Thanks,
Hi Jerry,

Dan Dickerson had planned on posting the Android ExploreStars on both the Google Play Store and the Amazon Store together. He may have been delayed for some reason posting it to the Amazon Store. I will see if I can figure out what the delay was. I would continue to check to see if it is available, it may be posted any time now.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 05:37 PM, shredderf16 wrote:
The Amazon App store only has the older version. It shows the one released in April.
Thanks
I just talked with Dan Dickerson, he submitted the app to the Amazon Store this morning around 10am PST so Amazon has their process for updating apps that takes a few hours. He seems to think that it should be up there very soon now, within the next hour or so.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Jay Stanley

Wes,

GP=Google Play, OB was my mistake should be DB (Database) but the Exlorestars version is 1.3 not 1.7 as suggested at Google Play for the app version.

Thank you sir,

Jay

On 8/6/2019 4:17 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
Jay

2.3 is correct for the Android.  What is GP?
  For that matter what is OB?

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Jay Stanley

Ahhh, oikay, on another note, I thought the interface was going to look like a standard 4 button controller.

Thanks again,

Jay

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 07:53 PM, Jay Stanley wrote:
I thought the interface was going to look like a standard 4 button controller.
I'm not sure what you mean. The standard buttons are there for up, down, left, right. There are also several other buttons that you don't get with a standard hand-held controller. Most notably, the ExploreStars controller do not have multiple use buttons which can be a pain to use.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Jay Stanley

I'm used to the ES controller but the description at Google Play Store could be misinterpreted like I did  "Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and slewing on the touch screen of your tablet or phone"

Best to all,

Jay

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data