Topics

Files missing

Alberto .

Hi,

I tried to use the app explore stars with the Explore Scientific iEXOS-100 PMC-Eight.

I did everything mentioned in the web, but the app doesn't work. It says 'files missing'.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Wes Mcdonald

Typically when files are missing it's because you didn't load the database in the correct directory.   Use the configuration manager to put your files into an SD card and u will be fine.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Alberto .

Thanks.
Sorry what SD card?
I'm using a laptop.

Wes Mcdonald

Ohhhhh.  Well that changes things.   The download of the PC app brings in the files.  Hmmm.  Try downloading it again.

Wes

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 5:07 PM <albertocaballerodiez@...> wrote:
Thanks.
Sorry what SD card?
I'm using a laptop.

Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Alberto .

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, I download it again, but still files missing.

Kevin

If this is a windows install on a windows 10 PC/Laptop, see my wiki entry in the wikisubmissions group.

Clear Night Space Trucking

Kevin. 😊🌎🌃🌅🛰🌜🌠📷🔭🔮

Lyrics-

https://genius.com/Deep-purple-space-truckin-lyrics

Video-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8zGJ9N7c6pE

Kent Marts Explore Scientific Customer Service

One of three things, in my experience.

1) The files are loaded into the pictures folder on One Drive rather than the machine's hard drive.
2) The files were not extracted correctly. Thus, the app can't see them. This is possible even though the files appear to be there.
3) The Android files have been downloaded. If this is the case, the ExploreStars folder will contain a folder name Images and a file that ends in .sqlite.

I've attached a document that is a step-by-step guide to downloading and extracting.

If you continue to have trouble, I can remote in onto your machine and try to figure out what's going on.

Kent Marts
Customer Service
Explore Scientific

Wes Mcdonald

So you need to download the star database as a separate step.  It is linked on the downloads page.  Unzip it and put it in the pictures folder.