Firmware Update and workflow #FIRMWARE

duker@...

Good Morning,
First, thank your Jerry and Wes for your work on the new Firmware.

I have successfully updated my firmware, and using the new contig tool, updated my PMC8.
My previous workflow to image was opening my old ASCOM POTH (I know its gone), then open Stellarium (Slew to object), then Sharpcap to plate solve.

If I open my ASCOM driver now, Stellarium will not recognize my mount. BUT, if I just open Stellarium, its fine. However, then I cannot control my scope for Plate Solving in Sharpcap. I guess because I'm not using the Hub now?

I tried Nina, and it works fine. I looks like that which ever software I decide to use to control the mount, it takes exclusive access to the driver/mount, and prevents any other communication to it with other software at the same time?
Should I just move it all to Nina?
--
Rob
Seaforth, Ontario

Hi Rob,

My assumption is that you have installed the latest ASCOM Platform 6.5 so the issue is that during the installation, POTH is no longer selected automatically to install. What you need to do is simply run the ASCOM Platform 6.5 again, select Modify, and then select to install POTH and finish the installation. POTH will then once again be available for you to use as before.

I posted a message yesterday about this for another user which includes screenshots for this. Please look for that message thread for additional information if you need it.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

duker@...

Thanks Jerry, I appreciate your response and guidance.
cheers,
--
Rob
Seaforth, Ontario
EXOSII-PMC8 Mount
Starwave 80ED
Starfield 50mm/ZWO ASI Guide Scope
Altair 224c/ZWO 183MC

wayne archard

Rob after you click the modify button on ASCOM standards 6.5.1 it takes you to a page that has POTH and it will have an X next to it.  You have to uncheck the X to get it to add POTH.
Wayne

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 9:22 AM <duker@...> wrote:
Thanks Jerry, I appreciate your response and guidance.
cheers,
--
Rob
Seaforth, Ontario
EXOSII-PMC8 Mount
Starwave 80ED
Starfield 50mm/ZWO ASI Guide Scope
Altair 224c/ZWO 183MC

duker@...

Thanks Wayne,
I can confirm I have re-installed the POTH hub successfully, and reintegrated it into my workflow. All apps are communicating with the mount again.

cheers,