Topics

IC 1318

W. Christopher Moses

Here is my first pass at processing some data:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtOwX6zN-JCxi9Mjq7Q-KZPSqpGXbg

G-11 PMC-8

AT 115 w/ fffr

ASI 1600 cooled

ZWO FIlter wheel

ZWO ASI 120 (??) guide camera and OAG

Aprrox:

20x120" each of Ha, OIII, SII, and Lum.

60 Dark

A lot of Bias

0 flats (Accidentally deleted the folder...oops)

Note - I'll post the exact specs if I clean it up.

A few notes:

1. The stars on the edges clearly have an abnormal shape. The eccentricity increases and they are a bit lopsided. I think this indicates that the spacing to my new camera, an ASI 1600 was a bit off.

2. It's overly red for my taste, but it's a start.

Any CC is welcome, especially about the star shape.

Thanks.

Jeremy Parker

Hi Chris,
Wow, that's impressive - even if the star shapes at the edges are not ideal. The detail in the middle and the overall amount of nebulosity is abundant. This makes me wish I had a real astro camera and narrowband filters! Are your skies fairly dark or are you dealing with light pollution?
Yes, I wonder if those oblong stars is due to the focal field not being flat enough, because of the spacing to the sensor as you mention.
Regards,
Jeremy