Topics

iEXOS-100 Accessories

Wade Prunty

There was a question during the stream today about a clamp-style dovetail for the Explore Scientific mounts, and I thought it would be a cool idea if we had a place on the forum to talk about accessories like that for these mounts. I only have an iEXOS-100, so I thought I'd start a topic for that specific mount.

Clamp-Style Dovetail Bracket for iEXOS-100
A clamp-style dovetail bracket was actually something that interested me after I bought my iEXOS-100. The screw-in dovetail that comes with the mount cut up the side of my brand new SpaceCat vixen bar when I was trying to balance the telescope. This hurt my feelings so bad. Like really bad. So I went out and found a replacement dovetail bracket that clamps to the vixen bar and removes any chance of it chewing up any other gear I use with the mount. I've been using this ever since and it works great. I highly recommend adding this as an accessory to any iEXOS-100. If you are looking for something similar, but not this exact version, let me warn you, make sure the thumb screw is no wider than the bottom of the dovetail's bracket. If it is it might be too fat to let the DEC axis swing clearly above its motor cover.

Below is a link to one I bought from Amazon.
Astromania Middle-Sizes Dovetail with one Screw

--
Explore Scientific iEXOS-100
William Optics SpaceCat 51 APO
ZWO ASI183MM Pro, ASI533MC Pro
Canon 5D, T3i (Both Astro Mods)
William Optics UniGuide
ZWO ASI120MM-S
ZWO ASIAIR Pro

Mirko Gude

Hi Wade,

did you replace the original clamp oder do you use the new one on top? Maybe you can send a photo?
I also did not like that the screw cuts in the dovetail.

Thanks and best regards,
Mirko
--

Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS 100, ES EXOS2-GT 
Scopes: Skywatcher 80/600
Cameras:  Nikon Z6, D7000, ZWO ASI385 Color, QHY 5L-II-mono
Lens: Sigma 150-600mm, Sigma Art 135mm/1,8, Nikon Z 50mm/1,8, Tamron 70-200mm
Msc: LRTimelapse Pro Timer 2.5, Raspberry Pi4, Polemaster, GPS Dongle
Software: PixInsight, Kstars, Starry Night, Redshift