Topics

IEXOS-100 / camera at the counter wight bar?

Mirko Gude

Hi all,

could someone recommend an adapter to put a DSLR camera at the counter wight bar?
Or is this not a good idea? I‘am a newbie and I would like to use my IEXOS-100 mount with a telescope and the DSLR at the same time. Has someone experience with a 3kg telescope and 3kg camera?

thanks and best regards,
Mirko

Marco

Hi Mirko,

when I´m counting correct, the maximum payload for the IEXOS-100 mount (which I use myself) ist 4,8kg for astrophotography (6,8kg at all - 2kg counterweights).
So with 6kg + 2kg counterweight you´re a bit overloaded... in theory.
Maybe you give it a try and report if it works?
I assume there are other people here which have already done this and can give you some hints.

Best,
Marco

Mirko Gude

Hi Marco,

maybe I’am wrong, but as far as I know is the max payload 7kg. And I hope with the camera at the counterweight bar, I don’t need an additional counterweight.

So, no suggestions for a camera adapter?

Thanks and best regards,
Mirko