Topics

iEXOS 100 disconecting from wifi #iEXOS-100

Luiz Sanches

Hello
I bought an iExus 100 and since the beginning I have a lot of problems connecting to it.
To make it clear: I understood perfectly what situation to use UDP / TCP and cable.

On the IPAD the mount works perfectly and I can follow objects and the mount does not disconnect.

On windows, it connects, I can follow an object and seconds after being connected, the mount turns off the yellow light and causes the program that I'm using to crash (Ascom Device Hub, Stellarium, APT or C2A). With cable, the problems are the same. A few seconds later the mount turns on the green light, goes back to work and again turns off the green light and crash the used program. Both static and manual IP the problem is the same. I also tested on another computer; a windows on the Macbook Air and the problem is the same. Perhaps the problem is with Ascom Drivers.

In TCP / IP on Windows, ExploreStars does not Slew for an object, but controls the mount manually. The yellow light remains constant and the program does not freeze.

Thank you for your help!

Eduardo Simone

--
Meade LX 80 6" SCT and Meade DS 114mm Newtonian
Meade 2nd Digital Series Goto mount with 497 bandbox

Eduardo Simone

Instead of using device hub on ASCOM use the Poth hub, it’s still available when you download the new version of ASCOM, it’ll ask you if you want poth hub. What ever reason, the exos and device hub don’t get along to well. But works great on POTH.
--
Meade LX 80 6" SCT and Meade DS 114mm Newtonian
Meade 2nd Digital Series Goto mount with 497 bandbox
ExploreScientific Exos II with PMC-8
ZWO ASI533MC-Pro
ZWO ASI120MC

Luiz Sanches

Thank you for the answer. But, I said device hub only for exemple. ANY program don't work weel.
I would like to use APT, that works fine with my camera and can manager the mount only by secunds, after that the green light turns off and crash the aplication...

Wes Mcdonald

Luiz. Are you using the “anycpu” version of the driver?  Seems to work best, and can be run in 32 or 64 bit machines.

Luiz Sanches

Yes

Wes Mcdonald

Luiz

Probably not the issue but have you tried a different WiFi channel?  The unit comes off center freq.  try a channel (1,6,11) that is less crowded.
Maybe that will help.

Luiz Sanches

Wes, thank you. Yes, I tried! I changed many times....
I reinstall all drivers.
Eduardo Simone, I install Poth hub and work for more time until have problems (in APT for exemple, in secunds the app crash, in Poth hub (or Ascom devide hub) will carsh in minutes.)
In short: I can't make the mount work without any crash in windows.

I tried on Mac and Linux and worked. In this systems I use Kstars. But, in both systems my camera Canon T6 dont work weel with Kstars and make the program crash. But in windows, with APT woks perfectly.

There are other aplication on mac or Linux that can manger the mount and the camera like what I see in Kstars or APT?

Luiz Sanches

For everyone, did the ASCOM drive work normally? Without crashing? I've tested it on two machines and the problem is the same for me.