Topics

iExos 100 disconecting from wifi #iEXOS-100


Wes Mcdonald
 

Luiz

Let’s try this

1.  Connect to the iexos. And quick do an ipconfig.  This will tell you the up address the pc obtained.  I believe it is 192.168.47.2 on the iexos.  Then turn off the iexos and change the pc to static from dhcp.  Set your ip to 192.168.47.2. Mask to 255.255.255.0.  Gateway is 192.168.47.1.

Then turn on the iexos and connect.  

Also make sure every other WiFi network your computer knows about is not set to automatically connect.  You might try this first.

Wes



--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired


Luiz Sanches
 

Wes, thank you.
Both Static with this numbers or DHCP is the same problem....
And I am not conecting with others wifi networks, because I am using internet via cable and wifi only for a mount.


Luiz Sanches
 

Good news:
Serial works 100% good. Before, the problems was the same, wifi or serial. But I changed the usb cable and voila! Works! The cable that I did used, was new, but, I don't know why, didn't work. I used the same cable of my Canon camera in the mount and works very wheel.

But I am trying to use the mount via WiFi, and I discovered that the problem that make the wifi connect for some secunds and after, disconnect, is the WINDOWS!!! I am not 100% sure yet, but, I disabled the firewall of the windows and the mount is working!!!! It's working for 1 hour, but, until this, the mount disconnect, after working for 30 mim.

I am making more tests for have sure if is the windows firewall the problem.


Luiz Sanches
 

OMG..........
1 minute after I send the last message, the mount disconnect. I am using APT connecting with ASCOM via ASCOM device hub.

The APT and the hub freezes, I went in the pmc-right configuration manager and clicked in "find current connection". Immediately the APT and device hub comes up and worked.


Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service
 

have you tried using POTH instead of the HUB im curious if you had to use it and does it give the same results. I'm aware that the device hub took over with the 6.5 update but you can still use poth 


Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service
 

have you tried to use the WIFI changer to see if that helps with Wifi to help with a stable connection.


Luiz Sanches
 

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 07:04 PM, Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service wrote:
have you tried using POTH instead of the HUB im curious if you had to use it and does it give the same results. I'm aware that the device hub took over with the 6.5 update but you can still use poth
I can try....


Luiz Sanches
 

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 08:17 PM, Tyler Bowman - Explore Scientific Customer Service wrote:
have you tried to use the WIFI changer to see if that helps with Wifi to help with a stable connection.
Change the channel? That is it? Yes, the mount is on channel 6, best for my location.


Luiz Sanches
 

Hello.
But I am trying to use the mount via WiFi, and I discovered that the problem that make the wifi connect for some secunds and after, disconnect, is the WINDOWS!!! I am not 100% sure yet, but, I disabled the firewall of the windows and the mount is working!!!! It's working for 1 hour, but, until this, the mount disconnect, after working for 30 mim.
After 1 month of the mount working 100% fine via serial, the mount again, is showing the same problem: 
 
The mount connects (Both via WIFI (TCP) or Serial), works for secunds or minutes and the Green Light turns off and crash the program that I am using (anyone, but I use more APT).
 
I dont know why, but the mount worked very whell by 1 month. After that time I tryed to turn the Windows firewall on again, for test, and I am not shure if it's the cause, but this the mount stoped to work. I turn the windows firewall off again, but the mount didn't works again. Tryed in another computer and was the same...
 
The sequence for make the mount work after crashed a program (green light off): I go to Task Manager, finish the "ASCOM.DeviceHub (32 bits)" (my system is 64 bits, but only the 32 bits is used by Ascom, I don't know if is correct). I go to APT (it came to works again after the Ascom device Hub is closed, and is not necessary to close the program after the crash), "Disconnect Scope" and after "Connect Scope". A new Ascom Device Hub connects to the mount and I can use it for more some minutes until the green light turns off again. If I use POTH the problem is the same.
 
I almost lost the Sun eclipse! I coulnd't use the mount via serial/wifi, but I changed for UTP and with IPAD (Explore Stars) worked fine, without lost connection. But I dont want to use Ipad,  want to use the computer!
 
Thank you for your help!


Wes Mcdonald
 

Luiz

It sounds like you have the dhcp/static issue we ha r encountered with the exos2 pmc8 connecting you the windows WiFi.  The solution is to go into the network adapter settings on the PC and change the ipv4 connection type to static.   Use the pc up address of 192.168.47.11.   Set the mask to 255.255.255.000.   Set the gateway address to 192.168.47.1

If you poke around in the forum you can find complete instructions I wrote.  

Also you might try loading the ascom driver called anycpu from the ES web site.  It is the correct one that pretty much always works in windows machines 

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired


Luiz Sanches
 

Thank you Wes, but no. Thats not the solution. I always use anycpu driver and corect IP. If IP was my problem, then serial will work.

I make many diferent tests Today. All the day I tryed to control the mount by a long time without loosing the green light and discover what is the problem. No sucess.
On the final of the day, In both computers (Desktop and Macbook via windows in Bootcamp) I used open the APT with "Run as Admnistrator" and I dont Know if it is the solution, but I could use the mount by the rest of the night and worked normaly.  Tomorow I will see if this is the solution, or, if I only had lucky....


Wes Mcdonald
 

Run as administrator has sometimes come up.  Windows is inscrutable.

Let us know how you make out

Wes

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired


Luiz Sanches
 

Wes, how do you power your mounts using the "110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery"? Directly with the 12v plug?


Wes Mcdonald
 

Luiz

Yes.  The pmc8 uses 12v power.  I have a power box I built with the battery, wiring, metering, charging port etc.   especially important to use fuses.  Permanent wiring also prevents reverse voltages etc. it’s well worth the time to build one of these things.





--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired


Luiz Sanches
 

The problem continues: connected via serial, I can have a entire night without any disconnection with the mount, or, in other night, lose the connection so many times that make impossible to use the mount.

Some news: run as administrator don't solve. 
Some times the mount is disconnected, but the green light is on. I can only click in the disconnect and connect again in the device hub. Most of the times I need to finish the device hub in task manager.
On nights that I am not photographing, I am only collimating the telescope and I am using only one application, like Apt, the mount never disconnects. Is the windows losing focus and disconnecting the mount drivers when I change one program to other? I use at same time Apt, phd2, stellarium and others plat solvers. 

I use always serial, to avoid wifi problems. I use any drivers from scientific explorer and the last firmware in the mount. I only use device hub, not POTH because when the mount disconnect, POTH sometimes can't be finished in the task manager.

Thank you.


 

Luiz,

So... intermittent problem, can happen with either POTH or Device Hub?

You don't say what you're using for a mount computer, but I assume that it's a laptop and probably either Win10 or Win7...

Windows might be cutting power to your USB port, thinking that it's idle - when it's not.  I've no idea how it decides that a port is 'idle', but It's not unusual for people to have to turn that power management feature off, so Windows apparently has its own ideas about that.  

Anyway.... I'd suggest that you check your Windows power settings, probably 'advanced', and check to see if USB 'selective suspend' is enabled.  If it is, disable it and see if that helps.


On Sun, Feb 7, 2021, at 05:30, Luiz Sanches via groups.io wrote:
The problem continues: connected via serial, I can have a entire night without any disconnection with the mount, or, in other night, lose the connection so many times that make impossible to use the mount.

Some news: run as administrator don't solve. 
Some times the mount is disconnected, but the green light is on. I can only click in the disconnect and connect again in the device hub. Most of the times I need to finish the device hub in task manager.
On nights that I am not photographing, I am only collimating the telescope and I am using only one application, like Apt, the mount never disconnects. Is the windows losing focus and disconnecting the mount drivers when I change one program to other? I use at same time Apt, phd2, stellarium and others plat solvers. 

I use always serial, to avoid wifi problems. I use any drivers from scientific explorer and the last firmware in the mount. I only use device hub, not POTH because when the mount disconnect, POTH sometimes can't be finished in the task manager.

Thank you.


--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide
Cameras:  Nikon D5300, Altair GPCAM2 290M
Software: ASCOM, CdC, AstroTortilla, BYN Pro, Sharpcap, PHD2
Computer:  Thinkpad x230, Win7Pro/64


Luiz Sanches
 

can happen with either POTH or Device Hub?
Yes, the same way! 
laptop and probably either Win10 or Win7
I use most of times a Macbook with a Boot Camp with Windows 10. Recently I reinstaled the windows and the problem continues. I have other desktop computer, AMD Phenon wih Windows 10 and the problem occurs in the same way.
Windows power settings, probably 'advanced', and check to see if USB 'selective suspend' is enabled.  If it is, disable it and see if that helps.
Thank, I will try!


Steve Siedentop
 

The Windows 10 feature is called Selective Suspend and it’s a power management feature designed to extend battery life.

Check out this article to see how to disable it.


-Steve


On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:32 AM Robert Hoskin <devonshire@...> wrote:
Luiz,

So... intermittent problem, can happen with either POTH or Device Hub?

You don't say what you're using for a mount computer, but I assume that it's a laptop and probably either Win10 or Win7...

Windows might be cutting power to your USB port, thinking that it's idle - when it's not.  I've no idea how it decides that a port is 'idle', but It's not unusual for people to have to turn that power management feature off, so Windows apparently has its own ideas about that.  

Anyway.... I'd suggest that you check your Windows power settings, probably 'advanced', and check to see if USB 'selective suspend' is enabled.  If it is, disable it and see if that helps.


On Sun, Feb 7, 2021, at 05:30, Luiz Sanches via groups.io wrote:
The problem continues: connected via serial, I can have a entire night without any disconnection with the mount, or, in other night, lose the connection so many times that make impossible to use the mount.

Some news: run as administrator don't solve. 
Some times the mount is disconnected, but the green light is on. I can only click in the disconnect and connect again in the device hub. Most of the times I need to finish the device hub in task manager.
On nights that I am not photographing, I am only collimating the telescope and I am using only one application, like Apt, the mount never disconnects. Is the windows losing focus and disconnecting the mount drivers when I change one program to other? I use at same time Apt, phd2, stellarium and others plat solvers. 

I use always serial, to avoid wifi problems. I use any drivers from scientific explorer and the last firmware in the mount. I only use device hub, not POTH because when the mount disconnect, POTH sometimes can't be finished in the task manager.

Thank you.


--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide
Cameras:  Nikon D5300, Altair GPCAM2 290M
Software: ASCOM, CdC, AstroTortilla, BYN Pro, Sharpcap, PHD2
Computer:  Thinkpad x230, Win7Pro/64


--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40
Cameras:  CentralDS CDS-600, CentralDS Astro 60D, Orion Starshoot SSAG
Msc: Moonlite Focusers, Astrozap Dew Straps, Pegasus Ultimate PowerBox
Software: PixInsight, Cartes du Ciel, BackyardEOS, SkySafari


Luiz Sanches
 

Thank you. I start a test now.
I dont know if this will work, because last month I bought a HUB USB 3.0 (powered) and I put all thinks on it (Cameras, HD and the Mount), and only the mount disconnects from the computer. For stay clear: with or withought the HUB USB the problems with the mount are the same.

But, lets try this!


 

Luiz,

How did it go?

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021, at 11:16, Luiz Sanches via groups.io wrote:
Thank you. I start a test now.
I dont know if this will work, because last month I bought a HUB USB 3.0 (powered) and I put all thinks on it (Cameras, HD and the Mount), and only the mount disconnects from the computer. For stay clear: with or withought the HUB USB the problems with the mount are the same.

But, lets try this!

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 EXOS2
Scopes: SV 102EDT, ZWO 60/280 Guide
Cameras:  Nikon D5300, Altair GPCAM2 290M
Software: ASCOM, CdC, AstroTortilla, BYN Pro, Sharpcap, PHD2
Computer:  Thinkpad x230, Win7Pro/64