IEXOS-100 load for lucky imaging #iEXOS-100

ags1@...

I am thinking about putting a C6 on IEXOS-100 for visual use and lucky imaging. The C6 would be reduced to 945mm or 600mm focal length, and exposures would be in the 1 to 20 second range. Also shooting 3 minute video sequences of solar system targets. Is this unrealistic?

Cesar Brollo

Its a great Combination, I think that is absolutely realistic for astrophotography.

Libre de virus. www.avast.com

James Ball

I do lunar and planetary with my Iexos-100 using the SW 150MCT all the time, which is heavier than the C6 I also use the AT102ED and have even put a deforked orange tube C8 on it with success.  Someone else that posts here also uses it with the SW180MCT.

I have just the standard tripod, an upgrade to a heavier tripod would make it even better.  I do sometimes use a wood post pier which makes it very steady.
--
James Ball
Dawson Springs, Ky

Luiz Sanches

I use the C6 with the iExus 100. And a filter wheel and a canon t6. It's not balanced 100%, but work. So, anyone have any ideas for balance this setup? The C6 is heave on back and for get a good balance, I need to put weight on the front, or put the telescope more far way from the mount, but the dovetail is not so long. So, a new dovetail Will solve the problem, or no?

Hi Luiz,

Yes, a longer dovetail rail is one solution.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Steve Siedentop

You’ll need another counterweight on the front of the scope.  I had a similar problem with an 8” Ritchey-Chretien.

Here’s an example:

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 10:33 AM Luiz Sanches via groups.io <luizfsanches=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
I use the C6 with the iExus 100. And a filter wheel and a canon t6. It's not balanced 100%, but work. So, anyone have any ideas for balance this setup? The C6 is heave on back and for get a good balance, I need to put weight on the front, or put the telescope more far way from the mount, but the dovetail is not so long. So, a new dovetail Will solve the problem, or no?

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40

James Ball

You also need at least one extra counterweight for something as large as the C6.  The two counterweights will barely balance the AT102ED with eyepiece and diagonal.