IEXOS-100 load for lucky imaging #iEXOS-100

ags1@...

I am thinking about putting a C6 on IEXOS-100 for visual use and lucky imaging. The C6 would be reduced to 945mm or 600mm focal length, and exposures would be in the 1 to 20 second range. Also shooting 3 minute video sequences of solar system targets. Is this unrealistic?

Cesar Brollo

Its a great Combination, I think that is absolutely realistic for astrophotography.

Libre de virus. www.avast.com

James Ball

I do lunar and planetary with my Iexos-100 using the SW 150MCT all the time, which is heavier than the C6 I also use the AT102ED and have even put a deforked orange tube C8 on it with success.  Someone else that posts here also uses it with the SW180MCT.

I have just the standard tripod, an upgrade to a heavier tripod would make it even better.  I do sometimes use a wood post pier which makes it very steady.
--
James Ball
Dawson Springs, Ky

Luiz Sanches

I use the C6 with the iExus 100. And a filter wheel and a canon t6. It's not balanced 100%, but work. So, anyone have any ideas for balance this setup? The C6 is heave on back and for get a good balance, I need to put weight on the front, or put the telescope more far way from the mount, but the dovetail is not so long. So, a new dovetail Will solve the problem, or no?

Hi Luiz,

Yes, a longer dovetail rail is one solution.

jrh at explorescientific.com

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data

Steve Siedentop

You’ll need another counterweight on the front of the scope.  I had a similar problem with an 8” Ritchey-Chretien.

Here’s an example:

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 10:33 AM Luiz Sanches via groups.io <luizfsanches=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
I use the C6 with the iExus 100. And a filter wheel and a canon t6. It's not balanced 100%, but work. So, anyone have any ideas for balance this setup? The C6 is heave on back and for get a good balance, I need to put weight on the front, or put the telescope more far way from the mount, but the dovetail is not so long. So, a new dovetail Will solve the problem, or no?

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40

James Ball

You also need at least one extra counterweight for something as large as the C6.  The two counterweights will barely balance the AT102ED with eyepiece and diagonal.
--
James Ball
Dawson Springs, Ky
Mounts: iEXOS-100
Scopes: Meade ETX90RA(deforked now) Sky Watcher 150MCT
Camera: ZWO ASI 120MC-S
Software: Explore Stars Android, ASCOM, Stellarium Scope, Stellarium, AS!3, SharpCap, RegiStax6.

Bear40

--i have c5 with a svbony 60 mm guide scope and zwi 120 mc and Sony a600 .  I use a 4 lb dive lead weight that I drilled and sandwich between the  the supplies weights works but not a great look.
Bear40

Clestron C5
Zhumell 10in Dob
exos 100
Zwo 120 mc
Sony alpha 6000
Sbony 60mm guide scope

Bear40

--looked at es website and they stopped listing addition weights for 100.   Got some 3 inch steel round stock from a steel supplier and am making one.  The center hole has a good fit with a 9/16 drill.  Need to drill and tap set screw and I am good to go.   The rod was a cut off so got it for a few dollars a lb.  A little paint and I cann quit using the lead dive weight.
Bear40
Clestron C5
Zhumell 10in Dob
exos 100
Zwo 120 mc
Sony alpha 6000
Sbony 60mm guide scope

Frank Rich

I too need an added weight for my exos100. I use a 6”bolt screwed into the rod
I then achieve a longer moment arm for heavier equipment on my mount
I would be interested in knowing where I can get another 1.5lb weight

Frank R

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 5:34 PM Bear40 via groups.io <Thardie=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

--looked at es website and they stopped listing addition weights for 100.   Got some 3 inch steel round stock from a steel supplier and am making one.  The center hole has a good fit with a 9/16 drill.  Need to drill and tap set screw and I am good to go.   The rod was a cut off so got it for a few dollars a lb.  A little paint and I cann quit using the lead dive weight.
Bear40
Clestron C5
Zhumell 10in Dob
exos 100
Zwo 120 mc
Sony alpha 6000
Sbony 60mm guide scope

James Ball

I bought two cheap generic dumb bell plates, a few pounds each, and used a hole saw to cut a piece of wood that fit tightly inside the hole and drilled a hole in that which fits snugly on the shaft.  I just sandwich these between the two normal weights when using the 150mct.  Cheap and easy if you have a hole saw.
--
James Ball
Dawson Springs, Ky
Mounts: iEXOS-100
Scopes: Meade ETX90RA(deforked now) Sky Watcher 150MCT
Camera: ZWO ASI 120MC-S
Software: Explore Stars Android, ASCOM, Stellarium Scope, Stellarium, AS!3, SharpCap, RegiStax6.

Bear40

Using small barbell plates sounds like a great idea.  The only change I would make to your method would be to fill the center hole with bondo resin or epoxy
-- and drill that out to 9/16.  I would use a little friction tape of some sort on the face of the plates to keep them in place when they were sandwiched between the supplied weight.  One of my attempts using a dive weight I drill I thought might move as the scope tracked.
Bear40
Clestron C5
Zhumell 10in Dob
exos 100
Zwo 120 mc
Sony alpha 6000
Sbony 60mm guide scope

Jennifer Shelly

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 05:34 PM, Bear40 wrote:
looked at es website and they stopped listing addition weights for 100.

ES still sells the CW.  They are out of stock.

https://explorescientificusa.com/products/iexos-100-2-2-pound-counterweight-1kg-2-2lb-es-cw22-00?_pos=18&_sid=78c02d190&_ss=r

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts: ES PMC-8 G-11, PMC-8 EXOS-2, PMC-8 iEXOS-100
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100 f/7.5, N208CF f/3.9 / Askar FRA400 f/5.6, FRA600 f/5.6 / Meade LX850 10” ACF f/8 / QHY Mini Guide Scope f/4.3 / Solomark F60 Guide Scope f/3.6
Cameras: QHY600M, 128C, 168C, 183M, 5III174C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5, High Res Stepper, V2 Mini Controller / Baader SteelTrack NT, SteelTrack SC, SteelDrive II, UFC, 2” LRGBSHO CCD / Optolong 2" L-Pro, L-eNhance, L-Extreme, 1.25” LRGBSHO CCD / QHY CFW3-L, CFW3-S, OAG-M / Primaluce Lab Sesto Senso 2
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro
Processing Software: PixInsight / Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Elements

Bear40

Thanks don't know how I missed the listing but I note they are out of stock.
--
Bear40
Clestron C5