iExos 100 not running on M1 MacBook Pro 14"

Kai Fischer

Hi everybody,

I have an iExos 100 and can't get it running with my new M1 MacBook Pro 14".

When I power on the mount, it builds the WiFi, I see it, and the MacBook can connect with the right Password to the WiFI of the iExos 100.

Then nothing happens. I have 2 LEDs. The green LED is blinking. The Red LED is on. That's it.

I installed ExploreStars but nothing else happens when starting it. Set mount to iExos 100, and updated longitude etc. but no reaction

Q: How so I see that the mount is connected to the App ?

Q: Should that work with an M1 MacBook ?

Q: When do the green LEDs on the Motors get ON ?

Q: I have no Windows PC, how can I see how the WiFI settings are correct for iPad and MacBook ?

Any Help is welcome. Thx

Barrie

I had a similar problem with my iPad Air and PMC-8 G11.  The tablet recognized the WIFI and indicated that it was connected, but didn’t seem to communicate. I rebooted the tablet and after that it worked fine. So, you might want to try ‘connecting' to the PMC-8 WIFI then rebooting your MacBook. If your computer is actually communicating with the mount the yellow LED should flash.

Good luck!

Scott

On May 23, 2022, at 4:18 PM, Kai.fischer.hh via groups.io <Kai.fischer.hh@...> wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have an iExos 100 and can't get it running with my new M1 MacBook Pro 14".

When I power on the mount, it builds the WiFi, I see it, and the MacBook can connect with the right Password to the WiFI of the iExos 100.

Then nothing happens. I have 2 LEDs. The green LED is blinking. The Red LED is on. That's it.

I installed ExploreStars but nothing else happens when starting it. Set mount to iExos 100, and updated longitude etc. but no reaction

Q: How so I see that the mount is connected to the App ?

Q: Should that work with an M1 MacBook ?

Q: When do the green LEDs on the Motors get ON ?

Q: I have no Windows PC, how can I see how the WiFI settings are correct for iPad and MacBook ?

Any Help is welcome. Thx

Miroslav Bakoš

i would also try the wifi channel switch adapter that comes with the mount to switch the channel.
m.

ut 24. 5. 2022 o 0:58 Barrie <barrie_62@...> napísal(a):

[...]

It works.

Fault was: I did put the wrong IP in the settings. My WLAN did show: 192.168.47.11 and I did set the Scope IP to 192.168.47.11, but only 192.168.47.1 as scope setting did work.

Q: How so I see that the mount is connected to the App ?

When the blinking green LED is not blinking anymore, the APP is connected. Try speed 8 and press "right" and something should happen.

Q: Should that work with an M1 MacBook ?

Yes, App download via App Store, it works.

Regards from northern Germany.

Wes Mcdonald

Note.  The gateway the m1 should send to is 193.168.47.1.   The dhcp server in the pmc8 will assign it 192.168.47.11.

EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100, ESG11
ES ED 127+MoonLite Focuser, 10" LX200GPS+ MoonLite focuser+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified, ASI071 cooled OSC, ASI MM290 guide camera