IEXOS-100 Park position

Euan Milne

Folks

In need of help again.  Using the exploreStars app on my Fire tablet and windows laptop when pressing the Park button in the settings screen the mount rotates then stops. However each time the Park button is pressed the mount rotates to a different location.

Any advice much appreciated .
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1

Wes Mcdonald

Euan

Need more info

Which version Android app

Park is supposed to be where you had the mount pointed (should be polar home) when you turn on the pmc8

Is your power good?

In what way is the next park position different

We will need you to turn on debug data.  But for now give us info

Euan Milne

Hi,

Wes,

I have tried three different power supplys, 8C Batteries (all new) in the provided battery pack, 12V Power Bank and a Wall Socket. The same issues occurs with each.

ExploreStars is running on a Fire tablet
ES Version: 1.9.20051.494
DB Ver 2.3 [856643]

My setup procedure is;
Level the trripod
Attach Camera (Canon 1200D Sigma 150-600mm lens) well within the payload limit
Balance the mount in both directions
I align the mount to the celestial pole,
Connect power, and switch on
On Tablet connect to the PME-Eight wifi
Open explore stars
Slew to object( example moon)
Within settings press Park button, mount slews but not back to the oringial on position
Slew to another object
Press Park button, mount slews but to a different location that is not the on position or the prior park position.

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1
Cameras:  Canon 1200D, Tamron 150-600mm, 50mm prime.
Msc: 12V Powerbank
Software: ExploreStars, SharpCap, All Skey Plate Solver

Wes Mcdonald

Euan

In the setup page make sure at the top right the iexos is selected as the mount type.

Euan Milne

Wes,

IEXOS-100 is selected in the app.

I have tried again this afternoon without any equipment on the mount, and same issue.

Seems to be random as to where the mount goes to when the Park button is pressed.
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1

Wes Mcdonald

Ugh

Turn on debug data in settings. Park scope after a goto. Take pic of main screen data which is below target position

Euan

Are your clutches tight?

Euan Milne

Hi Wes,

The clutches are not super tight, just twiseted until i feel them bite, then a turn more.

I will send the debug info tonight,

Thanks.
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1
Cameras:  Canon 1200D, Canon 70-210mm,  Tamron 150-600mm, 50mm prime.
Msc: 12V Powerbank
Software: ExploreStars, SharpCap, All Sky Plate Solver

Euan Milne

So I may have fixed this, I flashed the firmware again to the latest version, and it now seems to return to the park position.

Tried 12 times now and 12 times it has worked.
--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1
Cameras:  Canon 1200D, Canon 70-210mm,  Tamron 150-600mm, 50mm prime.
Msc: 12V Powerbank
Software: ExploreStars, SharpCap, All Sky Plate Solver

Wes Mcdonald

Euan

That is very odd.  The firmware is verified when loaded.  Could there be any other change you made?   Interested in getting to the bottom of this. Have not had anyone else report this issue, except one other person who was not tightening the clutches.  If the motor stall this can also cause this but you made no reference to the terrible noises the mount makes when it binds and the motor stalls.

When the mount returns to the home position it run the motor position counts to zero in both axis.  Thus it cannot miss unless it binds, or the  wrong mount is specified, or the clutch slips.

What version of the firmware are you running?

Euan Milne

Hi Wes

It was the same version of the firmware on the mount, 20A01.02.eeprom.  I don't think I changed any other settings, at least not knowingly.

When the mount slews, I can hear a number of different 'high pitched whines', which seem to relate to the movement speed.

Nothing seems to be binding or jamming.

If it happens again i will get a photo of the debug data, to post.

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS-100
Scopes: TAL-1
Cameras:  Canon 1200D, Canon 70-210mm,  Tamron 150-600mm, 50mm prime.
Msc: 12V Powerbank
Software: ExploreStars, SharpCap, All Sky Plate Solver

Wes Mcdonald

Euan

Yes the mount sings to you as it slews around.

Could you have not set the correct mount type in the universal firmware configuration tool?  That would mess up Explorestars.

Can you use the ufct to see the splash screen and tell me what the reported p9 value is?  It is no doubt correct now.

Sigh. Glad it is all working for you now.

duker@...

Good afternoon,

I just experience something similar in the park position recently.
I discovered after the upgrade to the ASCOM drivers, that my park position in the registry explorer were set to a non zero number under my ES_PMC8 Telescope driver.
This was affecting the park position.

I have since changed the park position value to zero (0), and it is functioning correctly again.
I have noticed a bit of a higher pitched whine in my slewing as well, but I have not confirmed if perhaps I had the clutches too tight.

Clear Skies!

--
Rob
Seaforth, Ontario